Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunset Walk on Mugu Beach

Mike and I had a really fun day yesterday, even though he had to stay on the base all day and night for his watch. I came over around noon and we had lunch together and went for a really nice, LONG walk on the beach (boy was I pooped!) We decided the dogs would have fun coming too, so I went home and got them and we got back to the beach just around sunset. Got a few pictures, some of them are dark, but we had a really great time! There is a lagoon/marsh area right by the beach on the base, that has literally HUNDREDS of sea lions there. Some of the far away pictures are me trying to capture them. They are always so much fun to watch! We even saw a momma and a pup playing and swimming :)!


To explain a couple of the pictures, the top, middle one is the seals swimming in the water, maybe you can see it better if you enlarge it! The bottom, left picture is a far away view of the beach where Mike proposed to me :)! And of course, the bottom right one needs no explanation! It's me, almost 18 weeks preggo! Which I am today :)!










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for fun beach trips! Oh how I miss the beach and the ocean! I wish it were warm enough here to wear sandals!! Soon I hope though, but at least the sun is peaking out today :)

Love you guys lots...looks like you had a nice time at the beach!

The Stachurskis said...

I miss that beach!!

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

Looks like Fun you guys! :) We enjoy sunset walks on the beach! :)