Just wanted to let you all know that Mike and I both arrived safely back home last night around 11ish! Thank you all for your prayers for our travels! It took me about 4.5 hours to get down to San Diego, arriving just 5 minutes after he got there, thank the Lord! I didn't want to be late! And after a beautiful reunion, he told me all about the adventures of his flight, which was a once in a lifetime experience.
Mike was flown off the ship on a cargo plane, and he described the feeling of being catapluted off the ship (the catapult is something they use to basically shoot the planes off the ship so they can get going enough to get air) as "10 times faster than any amusement park ride"!! He also said there was no windows in the plane where he was sitting, so he couldnt even see where they were going;scary thought to me!! I was glad I heard all of that after he was safely back on the ground!!
Knowing we would hit traffic on the way home we took the time to eat dinner and do a little clothes shopping for Brayden. We got a couple of REALLY cute things, and I will put pictures up this weekend at sometime; one of the onesies is definetely going to be my favorite of all time! We hit some traffic on the way home, but didnt mind one bit since we were together!
We are going out tonight to celebrate the time Mike served with VAW-113 and the fact that we are done and on Shore Duty now and he never has to leave again!!!
One last but very important thing to mention, being the extremely proud Navy wife that I am is that Mike was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal from his squadron for the work he did while serving with them. This is a very high and distinguished honor that Mike has talked about numerous times and was so excited to receive! He will be given a certificate, as well as a ribbon to be worn on his uniform! He wouldnt want me to be bragging about it, but I am just so proud of him for being the man of God that he is and for having the integrity and work ethic that he does, and I am just so thankful that he was able to be recognized and blessed this way!
Here is just a small blurd of information I found on the web about this medal/honor:
The act or service must clearly exceed that which is normally required or expected, considering the individual's grade or rate, training, and experience; and it must be an important contribution of benefit to the United States and the naval service.
Way to Go Mike!



3 comments:
So glad he's home , safe and sound! Congrats on the medal too! Neat!!
Can't wait to go shopping for you too! I like getting the little premie outfits that fit the baby for the first week! They are soo cute and so perfect for their tiny little body and fit good, even if it is just for a couple days! :)
YEAH! Enjoy your night out...get as many as you can! In a year from now it will be a different story! I am glad he is home! Congrats on his medal! Mike said its an awesome award and i know that he surely deserved it...he always works so hard! love the outfits...i have got to get out on my own and go shopping so i can get you some stuff! I love the little boy clothes!
Congrats on the NAM! They are very exciting to get! I know I'm proud of my honey bee for them!
Post a Comment