Sunday, March 16, 2008

Missing Daddy


Well, it's a sad day in the Kincaid household again today because Mike left for another workup this morning. We had a really great day together yesterday, and a really fun date to mini-golfing and the arcades last night. I can't give out much details about Mike's trip, just that he will be on the ship this time and working in the bake shop instead of the galley because of his fish allergy. There will hopefully be a portcall in the middle of the trip, where we should be able to see each other for a day, we're keeping our fingers crossed on that one. Also, it seems as though this is going to be Mike's last time away from me. If everything goes as we have been told, Mike will be going on Temporary Duty when he gets home from this workup and will no longer be with his squadron, but attached to the Base Wing instead. I know that is a lot of Navy terms, but basically, it is looking like Mike will NOT go on the 6 months deployment, and will continue to serve out his contract with the Navy on shore duty here at Pt Mugu/Port Hueneme. This is a total answer to our prayers and we are so thankful and excited that Mike shouldn't have to go and will be here for the brth of our baby boy!!! Thank you all for your prayers, and please continue to pray for us! With that all said, it was of course a tearful goodbye this morning, but sweet as well, hoping that this is the last time we will ever have to say goodbye!!!!!!!

As far as our little boy goes, he seems to be doing great! I am hoping to be able to start feeling him more this week or the next since I sometimes cant differentiate his movements from a tummy growl, etc! Mike and I have STARTED to register at Target (and will register at Babies R Us when he gets home) but cant seem to decide on a theme for our nursery! We have a few themes we love but cant pick between them just yet, so for now, we're just registering for items we know we will need!

Have a Blessed Week!

2 comments:

Oregon Grandma said...

YAY! We are so happy that Mike will be able to be there for the munchkin's birth! What a relief to this grandma, let me tell you! I just couldn't get it out of my mind for some reason this morning and prayed about it all through church! We love you all! We're praying for Mike's safety too!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!! This is all great news and I hope and pray Mike will definitely be there when the little one is born. I still don't want to use his name in case someone doesn't know yet (don't want to take away your chance to share his name with anyone)

I of course checked out the registry already and you've got some really cute things on there! :)

Love you lots! :)