It is 3:15 am Saturday morning, and I just cant fall back asleep. Mike emailed me tonight a very short email just telling me he was going to call me again tonight because he had GREAT news to share with me. Well, after just getting off the phone with him, I can tell you all that the word "GREAT" is an understatement; it's the BEST news!
MIKE IS COMING HOME!!!!!

That's right!!! Not right now, in about a week, but that's MUCH better then the over a month we were still expecting to have to go through!!!!!! He just found out this morning and it just completely put us in awe of our Maker and the way that He performs miracles yet again!
The long story short is that an officer in Mike's squadron, apparently didn't get all the clearance he should have when bringing Mike on this boat debt. From what we have been told, Mike should not have ever had to go in the first place because his paperwork had already been submitted to be put on shore duty, and they (his shore duty command) could request him to start his orders at anytime. (It's quite expensive for the Navy to have to get a guy off the ship, so that's why they wouldn't have brought him in the first place) Neither Mike or I was aware of that before all of this happened, but basically, Mike's orders came through this morning saying that he needs to report to his new shore duty job by April 1st!!!!
So in that one act, God not only confirmed His answer to our prayer for Mike being able to stay home for sure from this next deployment, and be here for Brayden's birth, but went above and beyond in blessing us by letting Mike come home so much sooner this boat debt!!
Both Mike and I were talking about just how undeserving we feel in how much God always continues to bless us. Especially after going to the Good Friday service I went too at our church last night and just really reflecting on everything Jesus did when He died upon the cross for our sins, giving us our Salvation for which we are each so unworthy, and still, He continues to bless us, and shower His love and grace down on us....
I am still just in shock and dont want to fall asleep in case this is all a dream ;)! Brayden and I couldn't be happier, Daddy is coming home!!!! :)!




8 comments:
Laura...you cannot believe how incredibely happy and excited i am for you! God is soo good! I just love how sometimes we can't blame anything else but God for the things that happen. YEAH! Have so much fun getting ready to have Daddy home...remember to shave your legs...you can still reach them!
I'm happy for you. I can't imagine how excited you must be.
Oh my gosh Laura I am so super excited for you and Mike and I know Brian will be too once he wakes up and I tell him!!!!!! ;)
That is absolutely wonderful news....PRAISE THE LORD!!!
Oh and Elissa's advice is great....I agree ;) ha ha ha
yeah awesome!
How exciting and wonderful news for you and Mike. I heard that he was leaving the ship early and being transfered to shore duty from Eldon. But I didn't want to say anything since I didn't know if you knew it yet. I am so happy for all three of you! It will be so nice to have Mike there for Brayden's arrival. Congrats again!!
LOL at what Elissa said! Thats funny.
We are happy Laura! :) God is good
Happy for you!
We are so happy for you guys...can't stop thinking about ALL the blessings and good news God has been sending you! We love the sign!
Post a Comment