Hi guys,
I'm not going to be typing for too long but wanted to get some information up here and not just all pictures, though I know no one is complaining about just having pictures of our little stud muffin ;)!
I havent posted anything about my labor story yet, but its pretty short, simple and sweet! We checked into the hospital around 5 pm on Friday evening, got all set up and got my IV started with fluids and antibiotics. Shortly after they hooked up my pitocin to help me to start contracting and we were on our way! One of the doctors from my usual dr. office came in and broke my water about an hour later, and then the contractions started coming much more frequently!! Mike coached me through a good 4 or 5 of them when I decided I was ready for the epidural. I wasnt in unbearable pain but Mike and I both needed our sleep, so we went for it. It went so smoothly and all I can say is, I love epidurals :)! It took all my pain away, but not all sensation which is what I wanted! About an hour after that I started itching, which is a side effect of the epidural and the nurse gave me some benadryl which put me to sleep. That was my only regret about my whole labor, was taking the benadryl. I wish I had realized I was going to have Brayden so soon because it did make me very groggy and Brayden too, but thats ok! Shortly after that I was asleep. I remember waking up to have the nurse check me and have her tell me that I was 8 cm dilated and falling back asleep and next thing I new she was back in and checking me, telling me I was 10 cm, that his head was right there, and running out the door to go get the Dr! A few minutes later, Mike was holding one of my legs, and a great nursing intern, Farrah (who I had met during my pre-term visit) was holding the other, telling me when I was having my contractions because at first I couldnt tell the pressure, and then pushing! After about 5 or 6 contractions our little miracle came out! I heard "0052" and watched as my wonderful husband, now an amazing father, cut the umbilical cord between me and our little Brayden! After that they spent a little while working with Brayden since he was groggy from the benadryl and getting some mucous out of his lungs and then they FINALLY put him in my arms. Mike and I can agree there are no words to describe the whole process, to explain our feelings when we first saw Brayden, total disbelief and a joy and happiness that there arent words for!!
We stayed in the hospital through Monday, since Brayden was born before 37 weeks (36 weeks and 6 days) they wanted to make sure he did a ok! He passed his car seat test to make sure he was safe in the car seat, started eating better towards our last day in the hospital, and had every nurse eating out of his tiny little hands!
We came home Monday afternoon, and things have been great since! Mike was able to take a weeks worth of leave and this time of the three of us being home has been priceless!!
Today Brayden had his first pediatrician appt.! We took him to the pediatrician that my brother, sister, and I grew up going too, and that my sister-in-law takes me nephew too! Keeping it in the family! The appt went great! Brayden hasnt lost any more weight since being discharged from the hospital (he weighs 6 lbs 15 oz) since he lost some of his birthweight, which is totally normal. He is still a tiny bit jaundiced; he gets to be a sun baby today and tomorrow and spent some time in the window sun light! Also, his feet turn in a little bit, so the Dr told us to work on massaging them and kind of pushing them outwards while we are holding him. He told us it was completely normal since he was all scrunched up inside me, and that massaging his cute little feeties should definetely help! We're going back in on Friday to have his weight checked and make sure he is still gaining and make sure his jaundice is getting better!
Whew, that was longer than I thought, hope it keeps all of you up-to-date! Lots of love!



3 comments:
Thanks for the info and the details of the birth I knew most of this already especially since I just talked with you haha! But thank you all the same sister :)
Thanks for the update, sweetie! We're thankful and happy to hear that all is going okay.... Thanks to the Lord for that! Love you all very much....
Thanks for sharing your story. Never been brave enough to try the epidural with all the side effects, etc I just did both births natural.
Who is Brayden's pediatrician? I didn't know if it was the same one the boys go too...Dr. Gold (my girls see him as well...great dr).
Have fun with your baby.
Post a Comment