Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Breathe!

It's funny/weird how easy it is to remember such a vital bodily function....
I just got an email from my friend Miranda after letting her know that my contractions have increased, but not enough to go to the hospital or anything yet, and she reminded me to breathe!
I always thought that was funny when you would hear it on TV shows or in childbirth classes that women had to be reminded to breathe, I mean, isn't it just natural and common sense?
Well, last night I had a "bad" contraction. I use the word lightly because it wasnt all that "bad" but just stronger and longer than some of the others I have had, and much to my amazement, Mike had to remind me to breathe! I didnt think much of it at first, but now looking back at it, it was a weird feeling to be like, "oh, yeah, I'm not breathing!" I was just concentrating on the fact that my stomach was getting hard and that my chest was feeling tighter, and I think I was gritting my teeth just because of the pressure, and somehow, in the midst of all that going on, I decided holding my breath would be a good idea, haha! Anyways, just a small little post to make fun of myself, to let you all know I am breathing, and to also let you know, no new news yet!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was so funny and so true. You made may day by just laughing at this. It is funny to know that you forget to breath during all of that labor and contractions. I know I sure did! LOL! Keep up the good work! Tell Mike he is doing a WONDERFUL job being a Labor Coach and Daddy already!