Monday, July 7, 2008

Could be 1 week, could be 3!

It's amazing how such a little boy can have such power over our lives! I laugh as I type that because right now, and I guess for quite awhile now, and for quite awhile in the future, Brayden sure does have his say in how things are done!
We had another Doctor's appt today that went fantastically! Brayden cooperated quite well throughout the whole NST (non-stress test) where they monitor his heartbeat and my contractions and we were done with it in no-time and passed with flying colors! He has been VERY active today, and had great variability in his heart rate so they doctors are very pleased! Also, they got the results from our perinatologist appt from last week which were great. It was showing Brayden at a growth rate of 35 weeks when we were really like 34.5 weeks and my doctor told me that is really good and that its if it the growth is behind that they get worried, but that above average growth shows a healthy baby! Also, my exam showed that I am even less dilated than I was at my last appt and the same effaced as I was last time, and Brayden is still of course in the right position and very low. They always laugh at how low he is during my appts! They keep telling me what a good baby he is to be behaving and staying in the right positions! I had a quick ultrasound without any pictures just to check my amniotic fluid level, which is normal and healthy :)!
Also, the reason for the title of this post is that this Sunday the 13th I will stop taking the medication Nifedipine to stop my contactions and then we will have an appt this coming Monday for a checkup to see how it is affecting me. From there, its up to Brayden when he wants to come up until I am 38 weeks (July 27th). The doctor told me today if I dont have him by 38 weeks they wil go ahead and induce me since he is growing so well and has been in the heads down position for awhile, plus everything else that has happened. So from what I can tell, we will be having a JULY baby and not an August baby :)! He just wanted to be born in the same month as his cousin Gregory (who is hoping to share his birthday on the 22nd with Brayden)!!!
I think that is all I can report for right now. Except for two shelves that Daddy has to bring home tomorrow, Brayden's room is done! I will be putting more pictures up tomorrow! Hope all is well with everyone else! Leave us a message if you can, we'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Oregon Grandma said...

Sounds as if our little (?) Brayden is an eager guy! Looking forward to him coming and for God to bless all 3 of you in the blessings of the coming weeks.

Anonymous said...

wow a July birthday! The beginning of parenthood is near- I can't wait to see the text message announcing that little Brayden is finally here!