Monday, May 12, 2008

We're Hoo-oooome!

We had a fantastic trip up north this past weekend to go camping with Mike's family, and, our surprise guests, My Mom and Step-Dad :)!!! We drove up Wednesday night, got to Westwood on Thursday morning, slept, looked at a couple of houses, and then later on that afternoon drove up to Burney Falls where we set up camp! Sometime Friday afternoon, Mike walks up to me with a brown paper bag, after walking away for a bit to who-knows-where. I was confused, but looked inside, and saw Checkers (look at the link to the side for the Checkers blog if you have no clue what I am talking about ;) ) and instantly knew my Mom had to be there somewhere, and then she started running towards me! What a FANTASTIC Mother's Day and Birthday gift! I havent seen her and my stepdad since December!!!!!! We had a great time all weekend long with all our our family! Mike, my mom, Mike's brother Matt, Mike's sister Katie, Mike's nephew Elijah and I all ended up making the Burney Falls Loop Hike, over a mile on Saturday! Everyone else had done it the day before, and I was determined to make it, and I did :) It kicked my butt, but it was the most beautiful place Mike and I have ever seen! Pictures will be up later! We went to the lake as well, and had a blast playing games and telling ghost stories at night by the campfire. Our trip home was very eventful for those of you who dont know yet, but that is a story for a later time. Pictures most likely wont be up today because Mike and I intend to crash as soon as we get home from work this afternoon!
Thank you all for all the Mother's Day wishes as well, it was a totally memorable and wonderful Mother's day for sure, and I cant wait till next year's!!!!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

What a great surprise. I am so glad that your mom got to see you ENORMOUS pregnant belly in person.

Just kidding about the enormous thing. :)

Shannon