We had another exciting day yesterday, with another hospital visit included! Just to note, I was doing EVERYTHING right, bedresting, medication, etc. Just my body didn’t seem to be cooperating with the medication! Mike took me into the Dr. in the afternoon because I was having some of the “symptoms” they had told me to come in for. After they monitored my contractions and Brayden for a little bit, they decided it would be best to send me to Labor and Delivery (LND) to be monitored a bit more. Brayden’s heartbeat wasn’t getting the variability that we had wanted and was staying at a baseline of about 60. So, Mike and I walked over to the hospital, and got situated. Thankfully my stay was only for about 6 hours because I had gotten spoiled in my previous stay by having my own room and didn’t this time! They went ahead and switched the medication they had me on to stop contractions and I am SO glad they did! I didn’t realize the medication was why I was feeling so crappy and not just overall. I feel completely different today, no shakes or grogginess, and much more like myself!! Also, the medication change helped Brayden out too, within a couple hours of stopping the other one and starting the new one, his heartbeat was perfect and getting great variability (going up and down a lot). It did take a little while for the medication switch to kick in for my contractions and at one point during the night I was contracting about 8 times an hour! Thankfully I only felt a few of them, but 2 of them were the “worst” I have had thus far! But at around 8:30 p.m. I was discharged after having only about 2-3 contractions in an hour and a half! So here I am in bed again just resting and enjoying feeling our little one move! Mike has been busy washing all of Brayden’s clothes and blankies and I’ve been folding them and putting them on hangers while in bed, just to keep getting ready for his arrival!
I do have to say, the best part of the whole visit yesterday was that Mike and I were able to get a biophysical profile ultrasound of Brayden! Basically, it’s no measurements or calculations, its just 20 minutes of relaxing, getting to see every nook and cranny of your little one and watch them move! They wanted to get one to make sure Brayden was moving around enough, that I had enough amniotic fluid, to make sure his reflexes were working perfectly, and to see if he is making breathing motions in the womb! He got an A+ and is doing everything perfectly! It was definitely one of the best, if not the best ultrasound we have had so far! We got to watch him make his breathing motions, see him hiccup, watch him move his head and arms and legs, see his fingers and toes, one of his ears, his nose, and he even has hair!! That was one of the parts that Daddy and I both thought was the coolest! To see these little tiny hairs all over his head! Is he going to be a blondie or brown-haired, only time will tell?! It was a blast to get to see him again, and to get to see him for so long, Mike and I loved every minute of it!
That’s all for now, more updates to come!
I do have to say, the best part of the whole visit yesterday was that Mike and I were able to get a biophysical profile ultrasound of Brayden! Basically, it’s no measurements or calculations, its just 20 minutes of relaxing, getting to see every nook and cranny of your little one and watch them move! They wanted to get one to make sure Brayden was moving around enough, that I had enough amniotic fluid, to make sure his reflexes were working perfectly, and to see if he is making breathing motions in the womb! He got an A+ and is doing everything perfectly! It was definitely one of the best, if not the best ultrasound we have had so far! We got to watch him make his breathing motions, see him hiccup, watch him move his head and arms and legs, see his fingers and toes, one of his ears, his nose, and he even has hair!! That was one of the parts that Daddy and I both thought was the coolest! To see these little tiny hairs all over his head! Is he going to be a blondie or brown-haired, only time will tell?! It was a blast to get to see him again, and to get to see him for so long, Mike and I loved every minute of it!
That’s all for now, more updates to come!



6 comments:
Thank goodness you and Brayden are OK and he is doing well. Keep up the good work and rest. Can't wait to see if he is going to have blonde or dark hair. Thank you for the updates.
Thank you so much for keeping us all updated! We're happy to hear things are going better with the change in medication and that Brayden is doing so well. God bless you all!
Laura, Laura, Laura.....
You scared the crudola out of me when I first started reading this. Nothing is ever too calm in the Kincaid house!
Hey,
I commented here before and it did not show up. Oh well.
Hi Laura, remember me from the hospital? I was the clinical care extender on Friday night. We had such a connection and spoke about everything (temporary custody of my cousin...) Anyway, it is such a small world! I was readidng Spring's family blog and I saw Brayden's name, and your sitution, and I thought, "sounds like the patient I had and her baby was named Brayden. Continued reading and indeed it is you! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep me posted!
Lots of love,
Farrah
I think he's going to have spiky green hair! :) This is Brian in Oregon, by the way!
Post a Comment