Not a whole lot going on in the Kincaid household, just plugging away at normal day-to-day life, and getting closer and closer to Brayden coming!!! I've been thinking today that our society as a whole has just become so darn negative! Everyday, I hear myself and others complaning about everything from gas prices to "kids these days" and today I have been reminded by God that we have SO much to be thankful for!! A really dear girl friend of mine a few years back told me that there are just days when you wake up upset or depressed and its those days that we need to all the more thank God for everything from our toothbrush, to the people we have in our lives, the fact that we even have feet to put our shoes on, etc! How true that is! Although the gas prices stink, I'm not thrilled with any of the presidential candidates, and there are plenty of very sad, mean, and hurtful things that people do everyday, I have a relationship with Jesus, I have the absolute BEST husband I could ever ask for, I have a healthy and beautiful baby boy growing inside of me, I am clothed, I am fed, I have a job, I have so many wonderful friends and family members that God has blessed me with, I have a list of freedoms that runs a mile long since I live in America, and life is just so beautiful!
I hope each of you can take the time to think of the small things you have to be thankful for, mine yesterday was getting a surprise $40 rebate check in the mail, to the big things, like those we love and the health that we have! I know Mike and I are so thankful for each and every one of you and love to hear and are so thankful to hear how God is working in your lives!
Have a great day everyone, and if you want too/get the chance, post a comment with what your thankful for :)!



9 comments:
SCHOOL IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Salvation & relationship with my Savior! The best husband in the world, two wonderful boys!
It is good to think of what we are thankful for.
Pretty soon we are doing a family project GOD IS. I'll post it soon on our blog... gonna get the boys really thinking about being grateful and thinking about who HE REALLY IS! :)
From Gregory: That we have a nice house, car, my family, almost my birthday, and God because He saved me, and that school is almost out!
Adam: I'm thankful for Jesus, God, Mommy, Daddy, blankets, computer, closets, drawers, and pillows, and honeysuckle, pictures, fans....
he would go on and on and on.... if I would let him :) SK
Brian: My family, my job, my church, the Word of God
I could not agree with you more! Our attitudes really affect the way we look at life. If we choose an attitude of gratitude we are going to enjoy every day so much more than if we focus on the negative. I'm thankful for Jesus, my hubs, family, friends and this beautiful house and state that God has settled me in.
I'm loving this post and all the comments! Its such a blessing to start the day reading what my family and friends are thankful for! I am thankful for my job being over today, for Mike being in good health, and for Brayden dancing around so much this morning :)! among many other things :)!
spring-cant wait to see your God Is post!
Besides, the obvious, my family and the Lord, etc....I'm just so in love with nature and all of God'd creation. Especially at this time of year up here, where everyone really gets excited over spring finally coming....all the re-birth and colors and miracles...
You're gonna laugh, but I'll say this too...I am almost constantly thankful for not only my good health, but my legs and just being able to walk and bicycle. I'm almost ashamed of myself when I feel like being lazy instead of getting outdoors... Anyhow, I think of it a lot and thank God for that!
I am thankful for the food we have; when my stomach is growling I can just go the fridge and there is food waiting for me. I am thankful for my job...that I have one and that I get to work somewhere where I feel I am making a difference! I am thankful for my family, God, sunshine and warm days I am thankful for our heaters on the cold days....oh and I'm with Adam on the pillows I never thought about it, but it would be really hard to go to sleep without them!! ;)
I could go on and on...I enjoyed reading what all of you are thankful for :)
Post a Comment