Friday, February 29, 2008

17 week Dr's Appt

Baby and I had our 17 week Dr's appt today and everything went beautifully! Mike was able to come to the appt so it was a lot of fun!
First of all, for those of you who know I have been worrisome about my AFP testing, I am happy to say that everything came back negative and completely normal, Praise the Lord! The beginning of the appt is always the funnest for me because we get to hear the munchkin's heartbeat. This was the first time Mike was able to hear it with the doppler so that was great too. Our little active one was all the way on the right side of my belly when she first found him/her and then moved all the way to the left side in just about 2 seconds! Our medical assistant had to chase him/her for a little while, but we got to hear a great, solid heartbeat as well as the occassional LOUD sound from him/her punching or kicking! We've got a lively one :)!
Also, I gained 8 POUNDS in the last three weeks, which, even though it was a lot, was very much needed. I am now about +5 lbs from my "pre-pregnancy" weight which my doctor was very happy with. I can't gain that much in one stretch again right now, but it was good that I got caught up.
Also, for those of you who have been following this, it seems as though Mike is going to be on a workup (on the ship) at the time we are able to find out our baby's sex. I was bummed about this and talked to my doctor about it, and she put in an order for us to be able to get a 2D ultrasound before Mike leaves at another doctor's office to see if we can find out the sex then! We are praying that our insurance accepts it and that we will find out SOON! We will let you know more next week!
For now, we're doing great and hope you are too!

2 comments:

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

Thanks for the update!! Glad its going great! Let us know if the 11th works or if we can pick another day. Really Tues, Friday, Sat evening are best at this time. Can't wait to see you guys! The boys too!!

Anonymous said...

Super happy to hear that all is going well sissy and that you are gaining the weight you should be! Hope everything works out with getting the 2D ultrasound and everything!!! We're praying for you three :)