Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Toy Story 3

We're lounging on the couch yesterday, getting ready for people to show up to watch the UFC we recorded from Saturday night, and Mike says, "Let's take Brayden to Toy Story 3 tonight!" After about an hour of looking at the calendar comparing our schedules and checking out different theatres, showtimes and prices, I finally said, hesitantly, "Ok!". Mike and I have been planning on taking Brayden to Toy Story 3 for awhile now, before he even fell in love with TS1 and TS2, for his first theatre experience. We've been trying to figure out when it was going to work to take him since our schedules are so whacked out these days and the theatres up here have interesting showtimes. And I really wanted to take Brayden before his birthday party because we are having a Toy Story party for him. So, with much nervousness I said ok to taking our almost 2 year old son to an 8:30 movie that is 2 hours long and then almost an hour long drive home. We got to Susanville a little early and ran to walmart to pickup a few presents for Brayden, one of which was a large Woody character, his favorite from the Toy Story movies. Then we rushed to the theatre, got yummy snacks and made it in just in time for the previews to start. Would Brayden be overwhelmed by the huge screen and loud sound? Would he be terrified in the large dark room? Would it be too much for this little boy who is usually going to bed at this time to sit through a 2 hour movie? Would he just fall asleep? None of my Mommy-feared predictions came true, and instead we had one of the most wonderful and memorable "first" experiences together as a family. Brayden happily munched on popcorn and m&ms, took the drink out of the cupholder and drank it whenever he wanted too, and sat completely mesmerized for the next 2 hours. There were moments where we were wondering if his face was stuck in the grinning position and the really adorable moments when Brayden sat forward during the intense scenes, or would turn to us and whisper, or occasionally shout out to the movie screen. There were also moments, in true Brayden character, where he had to succumb to the music and just started wiggling and dancing on my lap. He sat on my lap the entire movie, which is how we got him in for free, and this was another worry of mine, whether or not he would sit still on my lap for so long. He happily did and did not try to get down once. For those who have seen TS3, you'll know, its the kind of movie you want to watch with your baby on your lap. During one of the more tender scenes, I had tears rolling down my face, wrapping my arms tightly around my little boy, only to look over and see my big strong husband misty eyed and holding onto Brayden's arm. It was just truely an awesome experience. I mean, I know it was just Brayden's first movie, but it was a GREAT movie, and we all just loved being there in each other's company! And lastly, being the little kids that we are, Mike and I decided to give Brayden his Woody right when we got to the car. A picture says a thousand words, and since I forgot my camera again, you'll have to try and get the thousand words from the darker picture my cell phone took That's one happy boy, huh? He loves his Woody, and really loves Woody's hat. He's not so sure about Woody talking, and is warming up to that. He's never been a huge fan of talking toys, so Woody is on silent mode until Brayden gets used to him but Woody was brought to breakfast this morning, Woody was sitting next to him when I got home on my lunch break, and Woody was sitting in the carseat with him when the boys dropped me back off at work. Best buds!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So glad that it went so well seester!! We loved the movie when we went and saw it too!

Lindsey said...

Aww. Glad you guys had such a great time.

Casey Martinez said...

How fun is it that you can actually go see a movie with your little one now!! I'm jealous...happy jealous for you:) lol. He looks too stinking cute with his Woody doll. I have a feeling he will be wanting all of the characters soon enough! hehe