I came home an hour ago, to a completely clean downstairs. When I went back to work after lunch, there was pile of dishes in the sink, dirty kitchen counter, toys strewed everywhere, miscellaneous items out of place, and (even though not downstairs) laundry in the dryer that needed to be folded, laundry in the washer that needed to be transferred, and much more. I came home to clean dishes in the dishwasher, cleaned counter tops, toys put away, everything in its place, and all the laundry that I was doing, done. Sure, Mike was home today with Brayden but did I mention my husband works 12+ hour shifts? Did I mention he's currently going through training that demands 100% of his time, attention and focus? Did I mention he got home after 3 this morning, fell asleep after 4, and got up at 8:30 to take care of Brayden? Did I mention he just found out this week he has to work 8 days straight and is on his 3rd day today of that 8 day spree? Did I mention he switches cities again this weekend and will be patrolling a completely unfamiliar area? Did I mention that since he found out he was switching cities this week and not next he has been feverishly trying to study maps to find out more about his new beat? On top of all of that, and believe me, it is a lot, Mike still finds the time to spend quality time with Brayden, rough house and play with the dogs, and romance me. I give him a lot of "props" on our blog. But just coming home to the cleaned house tonight just made my heart swell and my eyes well up with tears. I hope every wife loves their husbands as much as I am head over heels in love with mine. He is my perfect mate and I am so blessed to call him mine!
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That was such a sweet post to praise your hubby for his hard work Laura! Our hubs do work so hard and go above and beyond to make us happy and I just love the days that we feel extra grateful for them. Mike, you need to get some rest Mr. Sounds like you have too much on your plate these days so I pray you are able to juggle it all in Jesus name! God Bless you guys!
Mike sounds like Brian! As my Mom says to me often, you have a jewel of a husband! So do you Laura!
Spring
so glad you have such a wonderful hubby laura! You deserve it and he deserves an amazing laura!
Absolutely beautiful!
Post a Comment