Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Things on our mind

(my sis in law does this every now and then and I thought it was a cute idea)

....Mike's been out of work for 3 days due to a vision problem. His glasses are hopefully going to be in tomorrow, we're in prayer about that so that he doesn't have to miss another day

....thankfulness for Mike having this time home, while he SHOULD have been relaxing from his very stressful job, he's been doing all the cleaning I should have been doing to get ready for our guests this weekend, only he does a MUCH better and MUCH more thorough job than I would have (did every kitchen cabinet need to be emptied, and every item in the cabinets need to be cleaned? he thought so and it looks fabulous)

...Brayden's birthday party is this Saturday, Toy Story themed of course. So grateful for all the family and friends who are coming, for all those who have and will send birthday wishes and gifts, and who wish they could be here for his special day. He is so blessed to have so many people who love him!

...my baby is turning two. Yes...he's turning two. I just keep repeating that and I must sound so dumb! It's been an amazing two years and we're so grateful that God gave us our Brayden!

...Dottie is officially going through a puppy stage. We thought she was just going to be the best puppy in the world for forever, which she still is, but she has started chewing. Thankfully its only when she is bored at night. So we have lots of disposable "blankets" (aka old towels, rags, shirts) that we put in bed with her because she rips them to shreds!

....in prayer for Daisy Merrick. She is the 6 year old daughter of the Pastor (Britt Merrick) or Reality Church in Carpinteria, CA. She just went into remission a couple months ago after a bout with cancer and her family and her found out just a couple of days ago about a grapefruit sized tumor in her abdomen. They have since removed 1/3rd of the tumor, which is connected to organs, and are waiting to find out if its cancerous. Please join us in praying for her and her family.

that's all for now....

2 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

Hope Mike gets his glasses soon! Heads up...Dachshunds chew endlessly forever from what I've heard and seen...hence the rawhide surgery. I highly reccomend those rubber bones...I think they are brown and digestable. Dogs can't get too much off and thus can't choke but, keeps them from chewing on your furniture or rugs like DAkota always wanted to. I wanna see more pics of cutie pie Dottie! HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY TO YOUR BABY BOY BRAYDEN!!! Can't believe how fast he has grown!

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

thanks for the updates! I love doing list form... easier! :)