Saturday, August 14, 2010

Family Fair Fun

What an awesome Saturday spent together as a family today. We slept in, hung out at home, and then headed out to our church's Country Fair they put on today. Brayden got a temporary tattoo of a monster truck on his arm, got to pet a bunny, shared a snow cone and cotton candy with Mommy and Daddy (25 cents each!) and then rode a pony for the second time in his life. He had so much fun and we were glad we stopped by. Mike got a couple cute shots of me walking with Brayden while he was on the pony (since it didn't have a little holder to keep the kiddos on the pony) and his big ol' grin. He kept saying "Yeehaw" "Giddyup" and talking about "Wooy" aka Woody from Toy Story. Precious.

Then we drove out to Quincy for the Plumas County Fair. I was SO excited that we were able to go this weekend because we really thought we weren't going to be able to make it out to the fair this year. Kudos to my awesomely hard working hubby, who has to make that hour long commute twice a day, on top of the hour from there that he commutes with his coworker. I am sure it wasn't high on his list of stuff he wanted to do this weekend, but he knew how much I wanted to go and made it happen. I love that man :)! We really thought Brayden would be too young and too timid to enjoy the rides but we were very wrong. We ended up buying a small package deal for tickets and used them all up! We went on the Ferris Wheel as a family, and then Brayden and I did most of the rest of the rides while awesome Daddy videotaped and took photos. Brayden and I rode the swings together (that ride went on forever and by the end, my stomach was queasy!), we went on the humongous slides twice in a row (the one where you sit on a long blanket type thing to make you shoot down the ramp, and with the combined weight of Brayden and I together, we shot all the way off the bottom of the ramp we were going so fast!), and Brayden rode the carousel. It was a blast. He truely LOVED all the rides. He kept saying "Wow!" on the ferris wheel, he was grinning ear to ear going down the slide and laughing so hard and Mike got a great video of us sliding together, and he insisted that I didn't need to hold onto him on the carousel and would wave every time around at his Daddy and say "Look Daddy!" I will be posting pictures later.
We also went to a cute little circus show and by the end of the show Brayden was standing with all the other kiddos and dancing, and he got his first balloon animal. Then we went to the kids tractor pull where 4-12 year old kids ride these awesome pedal tractors and race to see who can go the furthest pulling weight. It's a real impromptu event and we look forward to the day Brayden will want to try it! They let the little kiddos get on the tractors after the event to play around and take photos and Brayden was in Heaven! We also enjoyed looking at and saying hi to all the different farm animals, in whatever "moo, quack, cockadoodledoo, oink" language they spoke, I mean how cute is it to see your two year old oinking hello to the pigs?
And Mike and I thoroughly enjoyed our amazing Indian Tacos for dinner, tried on cowboy/girl hats, and had a good laugh at the "Splash Dogs" event they had going on to see whose dog could jump the furthest into a pool and do the coolest tricks.
We got some great pictures from the day and I will be uploading them tomorrow after Mike goes to work and sharing them all with you!

Hope you all enjoyed your Saturday!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh goodness that sounds like so much fun packed in to one day!! Can't wait to see pics and videos of the whole event!!