Sunday, August 8, 2010

Distorted Vision

Just seemed like a good title for this short blog. I always find it amusing when life, also known as God, throws us a curve ball. I hear more often than I would like to, that Mike and I always have something different going on in our lives. This is true, some of it we bring upon ourselves, and a lot of it we count as the fact that we are just fortunate to have such colorful and exciting life experiences happen to us. Friday was one of those moments.

As mentioned on my personal thoughts blog, journeying2him.tumblr.com, there's been some stressful stuff going on in my week. Nothing major or worth mentioning individually, just normal life stress. And it was a decision I had to make to not think about those things this weekend, starting as soon as I got off work Friday, so I could fully enjoy my weekend with Mike and Brayden. Maybe just to test my sincerity and devotion to that decision, we got in our Jeep Friday to run an errand in town only to find our windshield cracked from top to bottom, right down the middle. I cried, and then I laughed, and it was a couple hours later that night before I came before God and confessed that I had been just thinking about the "bad luck" of the windshield situation and not sticking to my promise and goal to be stress-free, and didn't think about it again until tonight. And now, I still realize the problem it is, and the financial burden it will be, but thanks to a stress-free weekend, I am not freaking out about it like I was on Friday. It will be awhile before we can afford to get it fixed, but thankfully you can't even feel the crack from the inside of the car, or the outside. It is the weirdest thing because we have no idea how it cracked, especially since the crack seems to be within the glass. Alas, I thought distorted vision was a funny little title for a not-so-funny happening in the always crazy Kincaid lives!

0 comments: