Sunday, August 8, 2010

Brayden Happenings...

Let's see, Brayden is still cutting 5 teeth right now. For the past couple of weeks he has given me a little bit of a hard time when it comes to brushing his teeth, and I think it was just that the ones coming in were bothering him, because now he is back to his usual, loves to have his teeth-brushed, self.

He still LOVES to dance. You turn on "ABC" by the Jackson 5, or "All the Single Ladies" by Beyonce', and he's moving, shaking, bouncing up and down, waving his hands, and shaking his booty the instant he hears it. Come to think about it, anything with a beat he will dance to, music on commercials, cartoon music, song-intros to TV shows...He just has the dance bug and Mike and I crack up every time.

We're still working on the beginning stage of potty-training. Learning Brayden like we have so far, he takes time to catch on to things, likes to get used to ideas, and needs plenty of patience. So right now we are sticking with talking to him about bodily functions and encouraging him to talk to us about when he goes potty in his diaper. He is getting much better about telling us when he has already gone #2, but doesnt quite understand yet when he is going #1.

He is a pro at saying his "ABC"s back to me. I have to pronounce each letter first, but Brayden will repeat each one back to me with ease. It's adorable to see him watch my mouth when I say a letter and be so animated when he says it himself. We've already heard a lot of progress with his "w, s, q, and x".

When he says "Buzz" as in Buzz Lightyear, it often comes out "B-ah-zz" which just crackes Mike and I up.

We just chopped his hair again yesterday. One, it was by far, his best haircut to date. He didn't cry once, sat pretty darn still, and was just so well behaved while Mike cut it. He got major kudos for that. And two, everytime we cut his hair, I just can't get over how much he looks like his handsome Daddy.

He's having SO much fun helping pick out his outfits these days too. I hold up two shirts, or two sets of PJs, or two sets of shorts, and let him have a choice. He thinks its just so funny, and has even started putting his index finger on his mouth and dramatically bouncing his head back and forth between each item being held out to him as if it's such an important decision. It makes me laugh every single time.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

He's growing so fast...and I can totally see him bopping his head and being dramatic picking out his shirt for the day (or for the next hour before he spills on it ) hahaha!!