Friday, November 6, 2009

Mike...

ROCKS!!

** I wrote this a couple of weeks ago and never realized that it didnt post! So here is my belated post that is as true as ever, and I know I could add quite a few more paragraphs to it if I had the time right now :)! I LOVE MY MAN :)!*

I am sure you all already knew that, and he rocks for so many reasons, but right now I am going to talk about why he rocks academically. Mike would be the first person to say he isn't "book smart". In fact, a couple of years ago at Christmas time, when we had to prop up our tree stand to make it level with a few of my books, Mike made a comment that it's a good thing he married me, because otherwise, there would be no books in the house. This being said, the thought of reading, studying, and testing had Mike concerned about the Academy. Mike has studied harder than I ever did when I was in college, stayed late to study with friends or in a study group, has returned home after his 15 hour day (including travel) only to study for 3 more hours at home with me or do homework and much more. He goes through every day at the Academy with aroudn 6 hours of sleep, and goes through the weeks of the Academy with often only a one day weekend.


This week, Mike finished up his written/computer test section of the Academy. At the beginning of the Academy, the recruits were told they could fail only so many tests (I forget the number, I think it was 2 or 4) and had to pass the re-test or they were out of the Academy. Mike did not have to re-test for a computer/written test ONCE. He just took his last test this morning, his Final, which ranked him 9th place in the Academy for testing. His goal has always been top ten, and I am SO incredibly, unspeakably proud of him.


Also today, Mike was pulled up to the front of the class with 7 other recruits by a very high ranking Police Officer, who helped teach the Report Writing part of the Academy, and told, that based on the Reports they had turned in, the Officer wanted to be placed on each of their Resumes when they applied to Law Enforcement Agencies, because their Report Writing skills were so good :)! WOW! Mike was really excited about that and knows it will add a lot to his Resume!


Mike is my definition of integrity, hard work, humility, and determination and I couldn't be more proud, or in love with him!

He's still got 1 month left, some stressful physical and scenario tests this weekend, as well as tests in shooting and driving in the coming month. Please continue to keep him in your prayers!!!
**And because this was 2 weeks ago, Mike has now finished his Driving Training, and is now working on the shooting phase. There is only 19 days to go until Graduation and we got a few informal invites the other day for it :)!**

0 comments: