I've been talking a lot about food lately. A lot! I am so excited about our Thanksgiving menu and even more excited to be having some of our family over to our house this year for the first time. But God put my heart in perspective this past weekend with a message from our Pastor at church about Being Full OF Thanksgiving! Sure we'll be full ON Thanksgiving but long after the food is gone, and even the leftovers too, our hearts need to be so thankful for all the blessings in our life.
This week, cleaning has consumed my life, and there were times that I was exhausted and didn't want to do another thing, but it's in those moments, God really spoke to me. How blessed am I to have walls to wash, a mirror to look in, dishes to clean (and a dishwasher!), bedding to sleep in, an abundance of clothes for me and my boys, pets to love, toys for Brayden, a couch to sit on, a kitchen to cook in, etc. It made cleaning so much more fun to look at the things in this way because it really made me want to clean, want to show God with my actions that I am thankful for the things that He has blessed me with. It's been a week full of reminders of how GREAT our God is and how much I truely have to be thankful for, my family, my friends, my home, etc. And my Husband, who loves me unconditionally, and works SO hard to provide for us, and my son who reminds that cuddling and playtime really are the most important parts of the day. Thanks for listening to my Thanksgiving Ramblings, and I will leave you with this Psalm that we studied on Sunday in church. If you read through it quickly, it might not seem like much, but when you meditate on it, it's a beautiful Thanksgiving reminder! We will be reading it at dinner tonight!
1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
2 Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.
3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.



0 comments:
Post a Comment