Monday, May 4, 2009

Rabble-Rouser

Yesterday, our church, Calvary Chapel Westwood, had their dedication and first service in our new church building. It was an old restaurant that was completely remodeled to become our new church :)! This is a huge blessing in itself, but to me, I feel personally blessed, because of the new nursery room that is available to moms with babies. Since I am the only mom with a baby that regularly attends the church, the new nursery is a huge help to me. There is a rocking chair, changing table, and bassinet, which will be perfect, because church service is usually right during Brayden's nap.



However, to get on with the story. Brayden and I had spent the entire service back in the nursery yesterday, until it was communion time, and then we came back out. Pastor Terry was talking about what a blessing the new nursery was, and how great it was to have it already in use, and Brayden, at the top of his lungs, screamed "YEEEAAAHHHH"...

Everyone started laughing hysterically, including Terry, while Mike and I turned beat red. I was laughing so hard I started crying, and Brayden was just smiling the whole time; the little hambone...

4 comments:

ElissaM said...

That is too cute! He new exactly when to say that! Glad your church is moving into a better building...we have yet to do that. We are still meeting in a hotel conference room. It will be nice when we don't have to pack up our equipment every sunday! You give us hope!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is such a cute story!!! I wish there was video of it, but I can picture it all quite well in my mind :) Thanks for sharing seester! Hopefully we'll get to see your church when we are down there in July!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something his mom might have done!

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

That is so cool! Do they have nursery workers? Can you hear the service from there?