Monday, May 25, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Hi guys! Hope this post finds you all doing well and enjoying your Memorial Day! The Kincaid Family has been very busy the last few days and I apologize for the lack of updates lately. No pictures this post but PLENTY to come! My Mom came down this weekend from Oregon and we had a fantastic and all too short visit with her. I got some great shots of Brayden soaking up all his Grammy time :) and we can't wait for her to come back in July! Also this weekend, Mike finished our fireplace, pictures to come, and it looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!! I am so proud of him and he has certainly become a Jack-of-all-trades! He also finished the sprinkler system, as well as sodding our entire backyard, which also is breathtaking! :)!!! And, I really could rave on all night about my awesome hubby, HE PASSED HIS ACADEMY TEST!!! We waited awhile to tell everyone because there has been a bit of confusion about his results. Mike took the test for the first time, and did not pass by about 2 points, I think. He was really bummed and called the college back to find out about their next testing date. The woman who talked to him on the phone was pretty discouraging about the whole thing, and told him they had already upped the score that they were accepting from a 42 to a 47, so he really shouldn't bother taking the re-test. HOW RUDE! Apparently she doesn't know my husband, who studied his heart out and increased his score by like 8 points, (which is a lot), passing the required increased acceptance score! YAY MIKE! So now we are rushing to get all of his "packet" done in time! Please keep us in prayer about this! We have to turn it in to them on Thursday and they did not get the information to us until this last Friday! There is LOTS to do but we know God is on our side :)!
Today we bought Brayden his first pool, a little turtle pool, as well as swimming trunks and swimming diapers :)! Also, this past week we had all Mike's family over, my mom, and our neighbors, for a BBQ and more importantly, UFC 98, where Mike's favorite fighter, Matt Hughes, beat his nemesis, Matt Serra :)! It was an awesome Card, and we all had a fantastic time! I am sure there is so much more to post, in fact, we have been so busy, I didnt post anything on Brayden's 10 month old "birthday"!! I apologize! We're all doing great and there are tons of pictures to come!

3 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

I so wish we could have watched UFC with you guys. Joey and I were both so amped up about it on Saturday. We streamed it through our laptop onto our TV and boy were we nervous about the MH vs MS fight but, we were so relieved that Matt Hughes won!!! That aught to shut Sera up right!! I can't wait to see the pictures of the sod and the fireplace. Mike has been working hard. What a guy! Miss you guys:).

Danielle said...

CONGRATS MIKE on passing your exam!! Good luck through the process and God will help you through it! Can't wait to see pics of the newest things done to your home :).

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

Thanks for the updates!!!

Great job MIKE!!!