Sunday, October 19, 2008

3 months old today!

Time is constantly getting away from us, and I swore that tomorrow was the 19th, and to my surprise, today is! Brayden is 3 months old today and I can hardly believe it. I was looking at a few pictures last night of right after he was born, and thinking of our whole birth experience, and I cant believe how much has changed in this 1/4 of a year! The last two weeks have held the biggest changes we have seen so far in our little guy, he is just developing such a personality. He chats with us all the time now, "Oh"ing and "Oooh"ing and gurgling and chuckling, and he smiles at us all the time. I love walking away from him and then coming back and as soon as he sees Mike or I coming back, he lights up! As Mike always says, he smiles with his eyes too, so you can see his smile coming even before it hits his lips! He has found his hands this last week too and is always grabbing at toys and holding onto things now! He has given himself a few scratches, mostly on the nose, because he likes to have his hands close to if not in, his little mouth! He sleeps like a champ, usually sleeping an 8 hour stint at night and then a few more hours after that, and takes two large naps during the day, along with a few cat naps between feedings. He's a hungry little guy too, eating 4 ozs each feeding, along with a little bit of apple juice throughout the day. He has really taken to Daddy, which is so much fun and is quite the Daddy's boy these days. He loves his swing, pays attention to books with big bright pictures, really loves to just lay on your lap looking up at you and watch you and interact while you talk/sing/play with him. He wants to nap with us as much as possible instead of napping in his crib and is a cuddlebug, something we know to cherish since it wont be this way forever. He loves being on his changing table, probably because it is so high up that he feels close to our facea, he talks up a storm to us each time we change him. I could keep going, but I've been on the computer a lot this afternoon updating everything, so I will leave it at this, I just wanted to post stuff to look back at later on, the milestones he is hitting right now, as well as post them all for you since many of you dont get to see him nearly often enough! We took him 3 month pictures on the couch today, but I will post them tomorrow! Love to all!

1 comments:

Oregon Grandma said...

We're so happy he's doing better, sleeping well, eating good, and responding and cooing and all that! I had a great time talking to him tonight on the phone! A very special conversation! Fun to know that Mike's parents were on the other phone conversing too...very cool!