Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Not a newborn anymore"

is what Grandpa Kraft told me earlier today...even though Brayden is newly born, Grandpa is right, he isnt technically a newborn anymore, and turned 8 weeks old yesterday! My, my, my, how time flies! The saddness by how fast the time is already going is easily and quickly followed by the excitement of all that is to come, and the pure joy of every day life as a mommy and a wife! Brayden is growing so much! Moving and "talking" to us all the time! He is looking around so much more now, focusing in on things, playing with toys, and it is SUCH a joy to watch and be a part of it all! He loves it when Daddy and I sing to him, he loves it when I read to him, and his favorite is "Brown Bear Brown Bear" right now, because he loves to look at the pictures of the animals! I think its the only book he really enjoys because he can look at the big bright pictures! I have noticed he seems to look at the duck the longest, maybe because it is bright yellow? He is smiling everyday, and sometimes even laughing! He still loves bathtime too which is super adorable! Just this week he started fitting into 0-3 month clothes and starting to grow out of some of his newborn items and also is in size 1 diapers too! So many accomplishments for such a littly guy and so much growth! Brayden is holding onto things for a few seconds at a time, and loves to be on his Baby Einstein playmat! He bats at his octopus rattle, stares at the yellow fish, and loves watching the lights! He still loves to be on his tummy during the day, especially when he is gassy. We've also realize he likes is when Daddy plays guitar! I took him to Target yesterday and was carrying him down the toy aisles, pushing buttons on toys to make them make noise, talking to him about them, and we found this bright yellow stuffed animal thing that sang and danced, and he just kept staring at it! it was SO cute and I wish Daddy would have been there to see it too! I would have bought the toy if it wasnt hideous, and $40!
We still have yet to get into a routine, but thats ok, we're not pushing him, especially since he was a few weeks early! He has a checkup tomorrow to check up on his tummy since he is still being fussy, gassy, and constipated! Please keep him in your prayers that he continues to stay healthy! We're also going to go get his pictures taken professionally for the first time tomorrow, we cant wait!
He got to meet a very special lady to me today, Mrs. Keenan, who lived across the street from me growing up and was a pseudo-grandma to me, and is out on vacation from Illinois right now! I got a picture of the two of them, and will put it up soon!!
I am so sure there is a ton more to share, but this is quite a post in itself! Hope you enjoyed catching up on all that is new with our little guy!

0 comments: