Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mike and Laura's Ark?



We thought the flood in our apartment was over when I posted on the blog on Sunday, however, we were sadly mistaken and the water kept coming!

After the maintenance guy from the apartments came out on Sunday to fix the water heater, Mike and I went out for a bit since I had a bit of energy and we wanted to take advantage of it! When we got home, we were just relaxing in the living room and it wasnt until about 9 at night on Sunday that we realized the water damage wasnt getting better; it was getting worse! At that point, the flooding had spread from where the water heater was under a cabinet in our dining room/kitchen area, to our bathroom sink area and the beginning of our bedroom!! The maintenance guy came out again, and after 2 hours of work, couldnt fix the problem. They ended up having to turn off ALL the water to our whole building for the night, and finally another plumber came out yesterday to fix it and turn it back on. In the meantime, Mike and I have had the joy of walking around in shoes all the time in the apartment, with ripped up carpet, tacks and nails sticking through, and very loud fans!!

Thankfully, at this point in time, I can say it is all said and done. They fixed the carpet this afternoon and hopefully we wont have any more issues! The dogs have been champs through it all, being very good about where they walk and letting us know when they needed to go out, etc. I am just glad it's all over with! Just another adventure for us! It isnt the first time and it for sure wont be the last time I will say this, there is NEVER a dull moment in the Kincaid household!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew! Good thing this happened now and not when Brayden is here! Where are your belly pics?!

ElissaM said...

Hey you...yes, i agree that it is a good thing it didn't happen when B is here! And yes...more belly pics! Also...i know i am bad at spelling because of the whole TRIO thing...but isn't arc spelt ark? I may be totaly wrong!?

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

Yeah ARK! :)

Maybe they will give you a discount on rent??

The Kincaid Family said...

Ok, Elissa is right, it is ARK! Haha, but arc is still a word E, treo isnt ;)!

ElissaM said...

yes you are right my dear... i love how strange my brain works as far as spelling goes. Actually the word treo is the name of my cell phone so that is why i spelled it that way. ANYWAYS...glad the package got there! I have so much fun buying for you...well B really. YEAH!