Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gassy Issues

Haha, no, not the kind you are thinking of ;)
As if the soaring gas prices aren't bad enough.....running out of gas, having to purchase a gas can ($13, can you believe that?!), and then having to purchase gas on top of that and then being late to work sure is ;)!

Yup, we had quite a morning on our hands today!
I usually drive the truck during the work week since I have all of a 3 mile commute to my job, and Mike takes the Mustang. Well, the truck was on empty as I drove home yesterday and Mike said he was going to take it today to fill it up on base, since gas is cheaper there. I warned him that there might not be enough to get him there, but I even thought myself that there probably was...

About 10 minutes after he left, I heard my phone ring and sure enough, it's my wonderful husband, telling me he is stranded on the side of the road :(! I threw my shoes on and headed out the door, got to the gas station in record time, only to have to purchase a $13 2GALLON gas can (I think I should have gotten the gas for free for that price!) and then had to spend like $7 on gas to put in it, and drive it out to Mike.

So much for the "easy flow" gas can I bought, I think about a quarter of it ended up on Mike, on my seat and on the street, but thankfully it was enough to get him to the base!

I called him after we headed our separate ways, teasing him saying that he just wanted to see me again and get one more kiss ;)! It's good that we can laugh at it, afterall, it was pretty funny, but just thought you would all enjoy another Mike and Laura adventure!!

P.S. Did you know that you can get a ticket for running out of gas?! We had a cop pull up and offer to help us and a coworker told me we were lucky not to get fined!! That definetely would have added to the "fun" of all of it! ;)!

1 comments:

Oregon Grandma said...

$13 for a gas can seems like a lot, but David says that's about right. What does surprise me is that it was still more than the gas! The way the price keeps going up...
Love the cartoon too!