Monday, August 31, 2009

Two things...

that made Mike and I's day today as far as Brayden is concerned.
First one, I brought Brayden downstairs from his nap and Mike was sitting on the couch, I started waving to Mike and said to Brayden " Say Hi to DaDa" and Brayden started waving and immediately said DaDa! Mike and I were so excited! He waves inconsistently and we are trying to get him to focus his "dada" babble to actually associating it with Mike! Seems like we are getting closer!
Then, just a few minutes ago I was getting ready to take Brayden upstairs for his afternoon nap and brought him into the garage (which Mike is hard at work cleaning) to say bye to Dada, and all I said was "wave bye-bye to DaDa" and Brayden immediately started waving! That was a definete first as Brayden always takes a lot of coaxing and me showing him to wave to do it! Mike and I again were both SUPER excited!
On a side note, for those of you who were aware of Brayden's "worm crawl" where he basically army crawled everywhere, I am also happy to report that due to some exercises we were taught to do with Brayden he does a four point/all fours crawl about 75% of the time now :)
Go Brayden Go!

4 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

That is so awesome!! I can't wait to see that cute little bugger wave to me in a few weeks:)!!! So glad that he is making so much progress. What a champ Brayden is!

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

HOW CUTE!!! Yipeeee!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome sester!! Thanks for sharing the fantastic news :)

Ben and Melissa said...

Good job Brayden! And good job parents helping him learn those associations and working on that important crawl! You should post a video of the waving and the crawling!