Friday, August 21, 2009

Garden!



This is the first year I have ever had a garden. Mike helped out immensely and actually put more work in building the fence than I did planting and maintaing it; what a guy :)! Anyways, I dont neccessarily have a green thumb...yet, but hope to get better at gardening in the years to come. I honestly wasnt expecting much from this "crop" but have been pleasantly surprised to see sunflowers blooming, broccoli growing, little green tomatoes, flowers so far on my pumpkin plants, etc. I am a tad concerned about our corn and strawberries just because I dont know what to expect or if they will even produce this year, but time will tell! Gardening is a tough one in an area like this, you can't plant too early because frosts tend to run late (into May), and if you plant too late, frosts will ruin the "crop" you had. Hoping for the best and enjoying the experience!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sunflowers!! :)

Lindsey said...

I can't wait to get our yard in order and get a little garden going again...it can be so much fun.

ElissaM said...

good for you! I love the sunflowers...they are so pretty and fun to watch come every year. A neighbor had them growing up and every year i would see it over their fence! Its awesome!