Saturday, December 5, 2009

Santa



A pictures says a thousand words, and this one says it all. As you can tell, Brayden wasn't too keen on Santa this year. Oh Brayden, haha. We went to Westwood, where Brayden had his picture taken last year with Santa too, and met up with Mike's family. We had to wait in line quite awhile to see Santa and were hoping to warm Brayden up to him. He waved at him once, was looking at him, saw the other kids with Santa. There was an adorable 20 month old little girl in front of us that Brayden made fast friends with. He wanted to take her bottle from her and kept blowing her kisses and smiling at her, it was so sweet. He watched her very intently with Santa, and she did pretty good. Then came Brayden's turn. He did fine as I walked up with him and Mike took his spot to snap a pic, but as soon as I got near Santa, he freaked. Santa tried to give Brayden a candy cane twice, and both times Brayden handed it back to him. It was really funny. So instead, I put Brayden on Mrs. Claus' lap so we could get a pick real quick. Look at Santa's face! Doesn't it look like his feelings are hurt? And Mrs. Claus, I think right about when Mike snapped this picture she was about to say to me: "He's not breathing." "He's shaking". Sure enough, Brayden had held his breath (don't worry, he was just fine) and he was shaking. Poor little guy! I think every kid has a picture of them scared with Santa, and now Brayden will be no different. Be prepared little boy, we plan on showing this shot to your future wife some day :)!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

oh man, Joey and I cracked up over the pic of Brayden and Santa. I think so many kids go through a phase of being scared of Santa and characters in costumes:). It's so funny to see the moments capture in picture!

ElissaM said...

that is hilarious! I can't stop smiling at that...they can be so funny sometimes, he is such a cutie though! I love all the posts!

Ben and Melissa said...

Maddie is right there with you Brayden! That is priceless you caught such an awesome shot of all the different expressions going on! love it!

Ben and Melissa said...

Maddie is right there with you Brayden! That is priceless you caught such an awesome shot of all the different expressions going on! love it!

Veronica said...

Haha... classic Santa pic - I love it!