Monday, April 6, 2009

Yesterday's Blog

We do not have internet at our new house yet, but yesterday I had some time to type up a blog about whats been going on with us and today, I was able to get connected to one of our neighbor's unsecrue networks to post it! So any information that says today, is actually talking about yesterday, and so on! I have an entire new blog for all the events of today, but I am so exhausted by all that has happened that I will have to type it up tomorrow! I once again cant find our camera cord either, so I will have to get all the pictures I have been taking to you all later!


It’s been awhile since I have last blogged and we have been very busy unpacking, and getting settled into our new home!! I am going to try and give a breakdown of some “blog-worthy” stuff that has happened:
We got a new washer and dryer and I LOVE them and I love my adorable little laundry room that they are in! I can’t wait to paint it this bright and totally awesome turquoise color (hopefully next week)!
We now have no bed. Yup, you read it right. We currently have no mattress and a broken bed frame due to a accident that happened while the guys were transporting things to our new home. It was a rough day that day, to have both things break one right after the other, but we are now optimistic and excited to get a mattress and bedroom set! Since Mike is heading back down south today L , for 2 ½ weeks, I’m going to be sleeping on our comfy double thick air mattress till he gets back up here!
I love Chester (the town we moved to) and the people here. I am waiting for someone to break my “leave it to beaver” bubble, as everyone here is just so nice and friendly! Our next door neighbors are awesome and we can’t wait to hang out with them more. Also, everyday there are anywhere from 5-10 little boys running around and playing on our street, perfect for Brayden when he gets older!
Mike took his Police Academy test yesterday morning and thinks it went pretty well. We will find out in about a week and a half how he did and determine then if he is going to take the test again, since it is offered at the end of April as well! I am so proud of him !!!!
Brayden and I are slowly, but surely, getting better. We both got a nasty virus that has been going around up here and we also both got pinkeye, but we are on the mend and are just hoping that Mike doesn’t get it! His body has been fighting it off!
Those are all the major points that I can think of. We’re just settling in and still have a lot of settling and unpacking to do, but it’s so nice to know this is our HOME and we can take our time and do it right! I made a deal with Mike that the only room I would paint while he is gone would be my laundry room because we want to do the rest of the rooms together! And, the last little detail I’ll share is that Chester doesn’t have regular mailboxes, so I am going to go get our PO box set up tomorrow and I will email everyone our mailing address! Love to all!

4 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

It's great to hear an update! I was wondering how the move was going. Sorry to hear about the broken things. It seems that something nice has to get broken through every move a person makes. It's frustrating but, yeah, you get a new bed!! :). Can't wait to see house pics:)

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that, for the most part, things have been going well.

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

Thanks for the updates!

Ben and Melissa said...

congrats on finally being moved in! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your home when things settle down!