Friday, April 10, 2009

A Crazy Week

This post is probably going to be crazy and unorganized, but I feel guilty for not posting whats been going on in our lives as of late, so alas, here is a post:

Monday: I decided on Monday to go ahead and post the blog that I had prepared the day before, because I didnt have the energy to write about all that had happened on Monday. First off, there was an incident with our laundry room upstairs and a leak. Apparently the connections to our new washing machine weren't completely secured and when I went into the laundry room Monday afternoon, I found water on the floor. I thought I had caught the leak early, but I went downstairs only to find water leaking from the ceiling. Long story short, we currently have two 4 ft by 8 ft pieces of sheetrock taken out of our ceiling downstairs, and it has been airing out since Monday (thankfully we caught it early so there is no longterm damage) and early next week the contractor will be putting the new sheetrock up, and making our ceiling look as good as new. Also, on a side note, the washing machine has been fixed :).
Also on Monday, I took Brutus to the vet for a sore he has on the back of his neck and for a weight check. Unfotunately, our sweet Brutus just cant seem to catch a break. The sore on his neck is actually a mass and is going to have to be removed by surgery sometime next week. Also, during the time that he is under anesthesia, they are going to be checking out his intestines and getting a sample to test to see if he has colitis, or another form of intestinal disorder :(. I'll keep you all updated on that. Even though Brutus still looks very skinny (and eats like a horse), he is the heaviest he has ever been since we have had him, even when he did have all 4 legs, and weighed in at a whopping 58 lbs!

Wednesday: Mike's little sister Katie seriously injured her hip during PE. It's a long story to share, but in the end, it turned out that Katie's hip growth plate shifted 30-40 degrees, along with other complications that I dont understand well enough to explain. She was in excrutiating pain Wednesday night when Brayden and I went to see her at the hospital. Her left leg was turned to the left, and was about 3-4 inches shorter than her right leg. She had to be taken by ambulance to Redding, CA, where she underwent emergency surgery yesterday night. But my mother in law called with a huge praise report this morning that Katie is feeling MUCH better and was able to get up with a walker and hop on one leg to the restroom. She hasn't asked for any pain medication and is going to be able to come home TODAY! It's going to be a long road of recovery and she is going to have to miss a lot of school. Please continue to keep her in your prayers and we really want to thank all of you who have been praying for her in the past few days.


Brayden is doing well and seems to be teething! No teeth are breaking through yet, but the excessive drool, fussiness, and irritability are all clueing me in that teeth are right around the corner. I can also tell that he is tired of all Mommy, 24/7, and is definetely missing his Daddy time!

I still havent been able to find my camera cord in the midst of moving and all the things I have shared in this post, but I know its around here somewhere. When I do finally find it and get the chance to upoad all the pictures, I will have to put them in a picasa album and post it since there will be much to catch up on!

We're looking forward to Brayden's first Easter this Sunday, but bummed that Mike wont be able to be here to celebrate it with us! More posts to come soon!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Man, when it rains, it pours, huh? Glad to hear that things seem to be getting better.