While I have been sitting on the couch ALL day and night this Saturday, I decided to do a little tiny bit of research on the presidential candidates since I know the election is coming up, and both Mike and I will vote. I am NOT writing this to press my beliefs on ANYONE, in fact, in sharing this, if it creates any problems, or any discussions I feel have gone too far, I will simply take it down. Mike and I both have still not decided who we are going to vote for, but we do know the issues that matter most to us and plan on spending a good deal of time researching the candidate that best represents our views. While looking at different websites tonight, I came across Mike Huckabee's and looked around for awhile. I found the following quote on his page and really enjoyed what he said about faith. I just want to re-itterate for everyone I am not writing my political views on Mike Huckabee one way or another, in fact, he just happens to be the man that said a long quote I agreed with, so I hope I have written this as eloquently as possible and that you dont hesitate to read the following excerpt for any fear of "political-ness"!!!
"The First Amendment requires that expressions of faith be neither prohibited nor preferred. We should not banish religion from the public square, but should guarantee access to all voices and views. We should share and debate our faith, but never seek to impose it. When discussing faith and politics, we should honor the "candid" in candidate - I have much more respect for an honest atheist than a disingenuous believer."
(The next is my favorite part!)
"My faith is my life - it defines me. My faith doesn't influence my decisions, it drives them. For example, when it comes to the environment, I believe in being a good steward of the earth. I don't separate my faith from my personal and professional lives.
Real faith makes us humble and mindful, not of the faults of others, but of our own. It makes us less judgmental, as we see others with the same frailties we have. Faith gives us strength in the face of injustice and motivates us to do our best for "the least of us."
Our nation was birthed in a spirit of faith - not a prescriptive one telling us whether to believe, but one acknowledging that a providence pervades our world."
~ Mike Huckabee~
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Quote to Share
Posted by The Kincaid Family at 9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Neat quote! What site did you find that on?
I think you wrote this post very well sister! I know Brian and I need to get researching bit....who knows maybe he has already. :P I just always struggle with bringing myself to vote for someone I don't agree with 100%. I don't like choosing someone who I agree with for the most part. :P
Isn't Huckabee the only pro-life guy?
Post a Comment