Another quick exciting story in the lives of the Kincaid family! I went to the doctor again today! I was having some cramping in my lower abdomen and they wanted to get me in just in case because I have been having complications. Sure enough, the cramping was just because my uterus is growing with our little growing baby, but just to do a checkup, my doctor did a quick ultrasound to see the heartbeat. When I have this kind of ultrasound, they dont map the whole thing out, or take measurements or print out pictures, we just look and see the little heartbeat and how the baby is growing!
As soon as she got me all ready and started the ultrasound, I looked at the screen for the heartbeat which I saw right away, beating very quickly! But an extra amazing bonus today was that for the first time, I got to see the baby MOVE! Yup, that's right!!!! As soon as I saw the heartbeat the doctor looked at me and said "Laura look, the baby is moving!" and I was looking and sure enough there were a few little kicks and punches and a wiggly little body! I couldn't believe it!!! This journey just keeps getting more and more beautiful!
I called Mike right afterwards, bummed that he didnt get to see it with me, and he asked me if it was weird to see. Thinking about it, I told him it was, in a good way, just because this little baby is moving inside of me and I can't even feel it yet!! It was truely an amazing experience and I can't wait till Mike is there to share it with me! Hope our little munckin decides to bust a move next ultrasound for Daddy!
Friday, January 18, 2008
Baby Dance
Posted by The Kincaid Family at 4:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
CUTE!!!! SUPER SUPER CUTE!!! I can't wait til Mike gets back so he can see your little bundle bouncing around in there!! Love you guys and glad all is still well with the baby. Maybe he/she just knew that mom is usually a go go go kind of person and he/she wanted to make sure that mom got some rest....thus the complications! Or you are just going to have a child who will give you complications forever! ;) Just teasing....love you three :)
I think I am going to bring a boom box and play "busta move" next time we're having an ultrasound, hahaah! Actually, I ate right before I went, so maybe that had something to do with it, I'll try that again too!!!
And we'll see if this child gives us complications forever, I think I am ok with that as long as he/she arrives in a healthy fashion!!! Love you guys too!
Awww that is always sooo much fun!! :) CUTE! We called ours "Munchkins" too :) CUTE! Hopefully you get to do one of those 3D or 4D ultrasounds! We went in to get one with Adam and thats when they wanted me to go RIGHT in to have Adam.... so didn't get the picture, but had him alive and well the next day :)
That's great that the baby is doing good. Yes eating and drinking helps to make the baby move...when we went in to find the sex of Abigail they told us to eat so that the baby would be active.
Post a Comment