Friday, May 7, 2010

Race for the Cure

is TOMORROW! I am so excited, nervous, anxious! It's weird to think something we've been working up to for awhile now will be over in less than an hour. It's my earnest hope that I can run the whole thing (I really am in horrible shape) and I am going to push myself to really do my best and run farther than I thought I could. Thanks to everyone's donations we've raised almost $300 total. Our original goal was $250 and it feels so good to have surpassed it. $75 gets someone a life-saving breast exam, with the money we raised 4 people could get those exams. With the money we raised 2 people could afford to get mammograms. It's a beautiful and humbling realization and I am just glad we could do our part to help.

We'll be leaving tonight as soon as I get off work, and heading to Sacramento to stay with family. Tomorrow we'll be getting to Cal-Expo around 6:30 am, and the run starts at 7:45 am. I just found out today that there are pink back signs available for runners to wear that say "In Honor Of" or "In Memory Of" and have room to write a loved one's name in it. I am hoping that they have plenty available and am hoping to be able to put my Grandma's name, Cleola Hoefler, on it, who passed away from Ovarian cancer.

I'm looking forward to telling you all about it and we will hopefully get some great pictures! Mike is buying me new running shoes tonight (some really cute pink and black Mike's I have been wanting) but we'll see if I think running in them tomorrow is a good idea (dont want to get blisters!) Thank you all for the love and support!

1 comments:

Ben and Melissa said...

Laura, I have just caught up on your blog tonight!... about a whole months worth :) I'm looking forward to hearing how your run went and think it is so great that you guys took part in that. Can't believe Brayden is almost 2! I laughed at the pics of your egg hunt in the snow too! Hope you guys are doing well! You are a great mom- proverbs 31 woman indeed! Happy Mother's Day! Love, Melissa