Monday, May 3, 2010

Dottie the Dachsy

Surprise!! Meet Dottie, the newest baby in the Kincaid family and one of the top (if not the best) birthday presents I have ever gotten! Dottie is a purebred miniature dapple dachshund (and also the runt of her litter) and is one of the cutest things you'll ever see. Ok, I'm biased!

Dottie was literally quite a surprise, and we think we should have named her Serendipity! We had a family birthday party at Mike's parents this weekend for Katie, Danny and my birthdays and Matt and Jen showed up with this little sweetie. She had been given to them by a friend whose female dachshund had puppies that he wasnt interested in selling. Dottie was the last puppy and they were just trying to find her a home. Matt and Jen didnt really want a puppy and brought her to Mike's parents house the night of the party as a kind of joke. They told Mike's Mom that she was her Mothers Day present, but they couldnt have another dog either. Mike and I have been wanting a dachshund for awhile now but havent been looking because we knew we already had Bear and Bruttie. Also, I really only wanted a dapple dachshund, and a black/grey dapple at that (dapples are hard to find, and they are either black/grey or brown/tan). I wish someone could have snapped a picture of my face when I first saw her because Mike said my jaw just dropped. We talked for a quick minute about her and decided we of course wanted her. They had called her "Nugget" which wasnt feminine enough for me, so I changed it to Dottie. Mike's been talking about his dachshund "Digger" that he grew up with that his parents got him when he was about Brayden's age and its bringing back great memories for him! Brayden gets so excited when he sees her and says "baby puppy" but we're working with him on learning gentle since he has had big tough dogs to pick on for so long. And Bear and Brutus love her and are so interested in her and haven't picked on her in the slightest. In fact, she picks on them, and bites them and then hides under the couch. She is worse at nights than Brayden ever was as a newborn and we're working on getting her hopefully crate-trained at night. I will get better pictures soon!

1 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

OM gosh what an adorable Dachshund puppy and what a perfect name!! Joey and I love the Daples too and yes they are harder to find. Small dogs are so much fun cuz they are easier to cuddle and tote around:-) Dachshunds are stubborn though so good luck with the training but if you stick with it they obey eventually. lol Congrats!!