Bambi's dead. A bit harsh, I know, but let's start out truthful here. And while I'm at it, Bambi's dead, and she maimed my car. There's the short version of the story, so if you only needed to the point details, you can stop reading here. Well, you're still here, so I guess you want to know the story (I'm a bit catty this morning, can you tell?) On Tuesday afternoon (on my lunch break) Mike, Brayden, Dottie and I (really, small dogs go everywhere!) were driving up to Westwood to pick up Mike's brother and our niece. About 5 miles before Westwood, while we were driving along, going the 55 mph speed limit,a doe, a deer, a female deer, came bolting out of the woods like a freight train, and we hit her. It all happened in the blink of an eye. There was no deer, Mike and I were talking, Brayden is in the back seat chattering away, and I am stroking Dottie's fuzzy little fur, and then BAM the entire car shook and unfortunately chunks went flying. Brayden screamed, Mike and I both gasped. The deer ran straight in front of our car and we hit her dead on. We are thankful for this, quite often a deer that runs out of the woods up here, that runs into a car, runs into the side of a car and people are injured and more damage to the car is done. She would have ran into Mike and Brayden's side and I am so grateful this was not the case. There were cars behind us and coming the other way, so we continued to drive (no shoulder to pull off on) until we got to Matt's place. we checked out the car to find the grill all broken, the headlight cracked, and parts of the hood and bumper cracked. And no licence plate or license plate frame. We were all really shaken up. Mike handled the situation perfectly, not that there was much time to do anything, but he didnt swerve, which really saved us from rolling but he had a really hard time with it and was the most shaken up out of all of us. We've since been in contact with our insurance and have an appt this afternoon to get the car looked at. There are nice pieces of deer flesh and hair stuck in the front of my car. I'm sure glad we washed it last weekend ;)! Brayden is TOTALLY fine, as are we. I know some people were concerned because I mentioned our insurance is paying for a new car seat, but that's just California law, there was no damage to the inside of the car whatsoever. We don't know if he saw the deer or just felt the impact, but he's been just fine ever since it happened. We'll keep you posted on our car situation and we're prayerful it can be fixed quickly and efficiently! God is good ALL the time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Holy Moly... don't even know what to say about this, besides PRAISE GOD no one (human) was hurt. As sick as this may sound, I appreciated your humorous, little puns through out the story... you are good writer! Hope everything all works out well with your car.
Wow! so glad you guys are okay first and foremost, but sucks about the car damage:( I enjoyed your catiness in this post by the way:) Why can't the deer hold a meeting and discuss the need to stop bolting in front of moving vehicles?? lol
Haha, I didnt know my humor would be enjoyed so much. I guess I should have thrown the "John Deer's Wife" comment in there somewhere afterall, haha! I'm glad we're all ok to poke fun at the situation, though I have a feeling when our estimate comes back, the numbers before the decimal point will be laughing at us. Thank goodness for deductibles!
Post a Comment