was beautiful and unique this year, with no pictures to show for it. I woke up earlier than the boys that morning, came down, started the dishwasher, straightened up a bit, and then heard Brayden wake up crying (insert sad face) I went upstairs to find a red-cheeked, snot-nosed, watery-eyed little boys with a barking cough. I had to do a double take since he was acting like normal Brayden just the day before. Poor Baby. We cuddled on the couch, he drank some juice, and asked for a "nana" which he promptly threw up from coughing so hard. Nevertheless, Brayden was asking for "Ouside" non-stop and going through the dog door to get into the backyard. We ran some errands that afternoon after dosing him up with tylenol and when we got back, once again, all Brayden wanted to do was play "ouside". We did for a bit and then he ate cheerios and applesauce for dinner. I ran his vaporizer and put him to bed earlier, and around 11 he woke up and I brought him down and we snuggled and slept on the couch for about 45 minutes together. I got to cuddle him, baby him, he didnt throw any tantrums because he didnt feel good, he wanted Mommy all the time...It wasn't the perfect Mother's day in the fact that he was sick, but was absolutely the perfect Mother's day in all the other ways, because I got the opportunity to be what we celebrate that day, Brayden's Mommy. Mike was fantastic, as he is everyday, and I just have to acknowledge how blessed I am to have a husband who treats me like it's Mothers Day all the time, he cleans the house more than me, cooks more than me, and since I have been working does way more laundry than me too. All because of his loving, servant heart. Yesterday, Mike said some of the sweetest, most heartfelt encouraging things to me as we ran errands and it was a million times better than any card, because it came straight from my heart. And what did I "get" for Mother's day? A Little Tykes Basketball hoop for our backyard, that man really knows the way to my heart, and I mean that (no joke). I love love love getting things we can enjoy as a family and sharing those moments together. So many women are given and want to be given days away from their kids, or spa treatments and pedicures. I think I am just a different kind of Mom, there isnt anything wrong with those things, but my ideal Mother's day is having nothing on the agenda and spending the day with my guys. It was perfectly imperfect and a Mother's Day I will remember forever :)! And on a side note, something I dont ever want to forget was Mike teaching Brayden how to say Happy Mother's Day "papy" "Mommy" "day" :)
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Happy Mother's Day to you Laura!! You are an amazing mama and a wonderful sister in Christ! Hope you were spoiled rotten:).
Post a Comment