Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nutshell

Updates in a nutshell:

Mike started work on Monday. He's currently going through training and enjoying every minute of it. I love having him come home so excited to share his day with me. He's doing great!

Brayden started daycare Monday morning, he's going fulltime for 3 weeks due to Mike and I's schedules. He's loving it so far. I get to go see him on my morning break which really helps. I cried the first day he went, naturally. Yesterday was Pajama/Movie day and it was so cute seeing all the little kiddos in their jammies. I am so grateful for the daycare we've found, the teachers are the best and most caring ever!

We replaced our linoleum flooring downstairs (just the kitchen, entryway, and bathroom) because of part of the floor bubbling up and while Mike was tearing out the old floor, we found an isolated incident of mold where a leak that occured during escrow hadn't been cleaned up properly. Thankfully we were able to take care of the situation with bleach, soap and water, and mold resistent primer! Phew! We're hoping that takes care of the problem.

In the meantime, Mike finished replacing the flooring and it looks fantastic. We chose a darker click and snap wood flooring and its just gorgeous. I haven't had much time to even breathe lately, let alone take pictures, but I will do my best to get some up soon.

Mike finished up his finals last week and I have one more final to finish up this week before Graduation on Friday. I can't wait to see all my family for the long weekend and finally get some R and R!

I am under the weather with another cold right now which thankfully hasn't knocked me flat on my back as of yet. Aside from feeling a bit cloudy headed and extremely tired, the cold sounds much worse than it feels.

We took our car into the shop to get an estimate done. I dont have an exact number, but there is multiple thousands of dollars worth of damages to it thanks to Bambi's Momma. It's still completely driveable and we're working to see when we can get it into the shop to get it fixed since it is our only car and there isnt any rental car places up here!

On a side note, while driving to Westwood this weekend, I noticed a license plate on the side of the road that I knew had to be ours. I pulled over and grabbed it. It's pretty darn hilarious. It's really bent up. I'll have to snap a picture of that too.

This past weekend, my small group and Mike's small group (from our Youth Group) came together to do a Food Pantry Collection Race. My team won, but the most important things are that these kids helped a TON of people, that they realized its possible to have a great time and help others, and that we all got to bond more. In total, the kids got over 470 non-perishable food items. I was blown away, almost in tears, by the generosity of others, and the hearts of these kids who honestly braved snow, rain, and hail (yes, all that happened in just 2 hours) to serve. It was a blessing to be a part of!

That's all I have time for for now! Grad practice tomorrow, Grad on Friday, 3 day weekend...phew! Cant wait!

1 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

Thanks for the updates! Sorry you aren't feeling well mama:( Hope you feel better again asap in Jesus name. Funny that you found your license plate:). Praying that you can get your car fixed without having to foot a hefty bill too! Yeah for Mike being almost done with school!! Lots going on with you guys!! Busy bees:)