Things have been crazy busy and dynamics have been shifting in the Kincaid household and our poor blog and it's readers have been quite neglected. I apologize! The last couple weeks have held quite a few twists and turns for our little family and there hasnt been much time to get on here and write to you. First off, I'll share our sad news, my grandfather (Laura's) passed away suddenly on March 15th. It was completely unexpected, and while we are all so grateful for the beautiful and peaceful way he went to meet his Maker and reunite with his sweetheart (in his sleep), all of us here are left with a huge void in our hearts from his absence. There are no words to describe the man that my grandpa was, no words to really make people who didn't know him understand what a remarkable person he was. But single-handedly, he was the most selfless, patient, kind, loving, generous, thoughtful, compassionate, caring, devoted, God fearing person all of us know. Mike made some beautiful comments in the wake of his death, words that just flowed from God's comfort and just remarked at how my Grandpa was a full on example of someone who intimately knew God and really took it to heart to live his life for him. I am honestly privileged to have known him and feel a sense of needing to do better myself just because he lived his life in such an awesome way blessing others that our world is so much worse off without him here. Thanks for letting me share that all with you.
So last weekend we traveled down to Sacramento to be with family for 4 days and the best way to describe it was tragically beautiful. Having all our family together was what we needed more than anything and I know it would have made both our Grandparents so happy.
I have some great pictures that my siblings and other family members took while we were there since I forgot my camera. I will slowly be sharing them as time becomes available to me!
Another change in our household is the switching of Mommy and Daddy's roles. God has provided a job for me, working here in town full time as an Escrow Assistant while Mike is still in background investigation for the Sheriff's office and going to school full time. What Mommy wouldn't love the opportunity for her baby to get to spend tons of time with his Daddy? It's a blessing that I couldn't be more thankful for and everyday I see a stronger bond between Brayden and his wonderful Dad. I am so thankful for this time that they have together and so much more appreciative of all the work Mike has done and continues to do for our family. The job for me came at the perfect time, and I was selected for it out of 30 candidates! God is so good and has so faithfully provided for us that it honestly makes me step back and take a deep breath in to realize all He has done for us!
Lastly, I have been waiting to announce this but will go ahead and throw it out there. Mike and I are currently training to do the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K run in Sacramento this May. It's a birthday present for me that we go and do this as a family, and we're going to be sharing our webpage on the Susan G Komen site later this week if anyone is interested in donating. Both my Grandpa Bob on my Dad's side, and my Grandma on my Mom's side died from different forms of cancer. While neither of them were breast cancer, any money donated to any cancer research is so beneficial. I'm so excited to be taking this challenge on (since I hate running, but really am learning to enjoy it more) and to be doing it with my guys. I'll be pushing Brayden in my jogging stroller during the race and running right next to my super encouraging Hubby!
Pictures to come! Love to you all!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Long Overdue
Posted by The Kincaid Family at 9:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
For starters, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Grandpa. It sounds like he was an incredible man of God and also inspired you so much. I would have loved to have met him. I'll continue to pray for peace and comfort for all of you who are grieving his loss and missing him every day. God Bless your heart friend. Secondly, I'll be praying about the jobs for both of you guys and so proud of you for tackling a job after so long at home. You already know all my thoughts on that so just wanted to say you go mamas! Lastly, wow, if running isn't tiring enough you are going to get a triple workout pushing a kid in a stroller while you run!! You guys are hardcore! :). That will be awesome!!
I know what you mean when you say you feel like you need to do better...it feels like we should all sort of try as best we can to pick up where Grandpa left up, you know to make sure that all the great things he was doing don't just remain undone now but that we start picking up where he left off.
It was so great to be together with the family...I think in a weird way it felt a little better knowing that we were with a whole group of people who knew Grandpa like we did and missed him just like we did...like we didn't have to explain it all to everyone like I do now back at work and such.
We love you three :) Keep me updated on how your job is going sissy! Can't wait to hear how your run goes...so exciting!
Post a Comment