Sunday, March 29, 2009

Updates

Good Morning everyone!

I thought it was about time for another Kincaid family update since a couple of things have happened this week that are noteworthy!

First off, no, we still have no closed on our house, but we are hopeful :)! We went in to sign all the papers on Thursday and then found out Saturday morning that the lender hadnt sent in all the paperwork we needed to sign. Thankfully, our title company was able to overnight the paperwork we did sign back to them, and therefore, we're praying that the few papers we complete tomorrow morning can be faxed! Also, because of our time constraint for Mike having to go back down south (next weekend), our lender has told us that it is a possibility that on the day we get funded we might be able to get the keys from the seller. We would close 1-2 days later, but they are trying to help us out so we can actually move in before Mike has to leave again. We're praying that that happens; it's all up to the seller and we're hoping he complies! That's all the housing updated I have for now, but hopefully more will be coming soon!

And now for the bad news :(. As you all know, Mike and I are animal LOVERS and we love our dogs to pieces. The first dog we got, Bear, will be turning 3 years old this May. We had noticed this past week that Bear was wincing every now and then, or yelping in pain, but we couldnt figure out from what, so we decided to take him to the vet. We were relieved when she was checking him over and didn't see anything wrong, but our relief was short-lived. She suggested we have a couple x-rays done of his back and hips, since larger dogs like boxers can have problems there. After she reviewed the x-rays, we found out that Bear has a condition called Spondylosis. Basically, Bear has a weak back and his body has tried to heal itself unsuccessfully. He has grown extra cartilidge and bone, kind of forming an extra spine, underneath his spine. This causes him to lock up, have joint stiffness, etc. If you can call this a good thing, Bear's spondylosis is pretty advanced for such a young dog, so it shouldnt get worse. However, it wont get better. There isnt a surgery we can do, there is only anti-inflammatory and pain pills that we can give him :(. He also has the beginning of hip dysplaysia, which our vet said, shouldnt get worse until he is an older dog. So basically, we just have to keep him from being too rambunctious, and give him the pain pills when he is having a bad day. Poor pup :(.

The last bits of news are: Brayden is doing pretty good. He is looking less and less like a baby to me these days and all the more like a little boy; how fast they grow! He has been a little sick the past couple of days, just a cough and kind of cranky. I also noticed yesterday that he wasnt eating as much, so if that's not better by next week, I'm going to take him into the doctor.
And, I'm sick :(. I started feeling bad on the way home from Chico on Friday and yesterday had pretty bad aches all over, and today, I'm pretty sure I couldnt talk if I tried. I think I may have the beginnings of strep-throat, so I am trying to drink lots of fluids, and keep my face far away from Brayden's and Mike's. Bummer, huh?

That's all for now! I'll get pictures up again soon!

0 comments: