Tonight the Westwood Chamber of Commerce put on the annual "meet and greet" with Santa. It was so much fun and Brayden and I wished Daddy could have been there! I wanted to make sure and write about it tonight before its not so fresh in my memory. We got there (me, Brayden, Mike's Mom and Dad, Katie (Mike's lil sis), and Elijah (mike's nephew)) and there were a ton of kids and families already there. They had various little tables set up, one put on by our church, Calvary Chapel Westwood, where kids made a stable and glued and colored a picture of Mary, Joseph, and Jesus, and where Katie and a couple other little girls read One Night in Bethlehem, another table where they let each kid pick out a brand new book to take home (Brayden got a Pooh Bear book called No Honey), one where the kids could make a stocking ornament, and another where you could get cookies and cocoa! And the best part of the night, Santa and Mrs. Claus came to see all the kids! They showed up on one of the local firetrucks and then sat in some chairs at the front of the town hall and had each kid come up one by one to get a bag of candy, tell Santa what they wanted, and get their picture taken. We finally made it up to Santa, and I took Brayden up first, I handed him over to Santa and both his Grandma Kincaid, and the photographer snapped some pictures, and then Santa didn't want to give Brayden back! He just thought Brayden was the cutest thing and kept saying he was going to keep him and how Brayden even had blue eyes like his, so they had to be related :). Both Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus were very sweet on Brayden and he really loved them too! Then Katie and Elijah both went up to Santa as well to tell him what they wanted and then we got a group polaroid taken of all 3 Kincaid grandchildren, this time, Brayden sat on Mrs. Claus' lap, and as you will be able to tell from the pictures I post tomorrow, he wanted the bells that she had in her hand! It was a really great time, and like I said, I really wish Mike could have been there. It's one of those perfect things of living in a small town, and it really got me in the holiday spirit! It was so much fun to get Brayden dressed up in his First Christmas onesie and little reindeer booties and bib! I'll post pictures tomorrow! Goodnight!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I cannot wait for pictures sister :) I know Brayden was cute, but I want to see just how cute he was ;) Love you guys
Post a Comment