Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Funny Memory

Around 2 this morning, Brayden woke up crying. It's pretty rare that he does that, and he was crying pretty loudly, so I went in his room to check on him. I walked in and he was standing up in his crib, he looked up at me and said "Hi Mama," grabbed his Lee-Lee and said "up". I said "Brayden, its 2 am (like he understood that) what are you doing sweetie?" I wasn't at all upset, more curious as to what in the hek he was doing. So then he said "dink dink" and I said, ok, knowing he wanted a drink of water. Took him downstairs, set him on the counter, got him a drink of water which he chugged, and then he gave it back to me and said "Mama?" in the cutest little Brayden voice ever. And I said "Yes, Baby?" And he looked at me, very seriously and said "Sishies" "Crackers" and I said, "No fishies, No crackers" it's late Brayden" and I took him to the window to show him it was dark out, he seemed surprised! Then I saw him in his highcahri with his cup of water and he had a 5 minute long conversation with me about cars, fishies, water, Daddy, school, and cartoons, those were the parts I understood. During this, I was grinning, ear to ear, just looking at my little boy in his alligator jammies, chatting away with me without a care in the world as to what time it was. I tried to get the video camera out, but the batteries were dead. Knowing he was in no way going to go back to sleep and therefore keep me up as well, I turned on a short clip of "Mater's Tall Tales" from Cars, and watched it with him. Then I turned the TV off and Brayden says "Tin Too" (Thank you) and I pick him up, take him upstairs and rock him for a couple minutes, where he proceeds to give me a kiss and tell me he loves me, and then totally willingly goes right to bed. Such a sweet and silly boy and a memory I want to save and cherish!

4 comments:

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

awwwwwwwwww how sweet!!!!!!

Sarah said...

That is sooooo sweet!! :) Love it...it's like he didn't get enough mommy time before he went to bed so he thought he'd get up and get a little extra mommy time :)

ElissaM said...

oooo...that is so sweet laura! Get a journal and write it down! What a cutie!

Lindsey said...

What a wonderful moment. He is such a sweet little boy.