Mike and I had a wonderful long talk last week about goals for our family, for our time, etc. and one of the things we both agreed we needed to immediately start doing is family fun days. We do stuff together as a family all the time, family walks, BBQs, going to the park, playing in the backyard, you name it. But Mike and I really think its important to set aside a day and time each week to do nothing but family oriented stuff. We really think its important to incorporate prayer and devotionals into that time as Brayden continues to grow as well. This week, we did our family fun day on Friday night and watched part of a movie with Brayden, took him for a ride in his wagon down to the pond to throw rocks into the water (his new favorite past time), and then we came hom and all sat at the table and colored. Seeing my husband sitting right next to my son, coloring Buzz Lightyear for him, is a heart-warming memory. I think its really important to take that time as families to spend together, especially now that Mike and I are both working full time. Brayden loved every second of it and just ate it up and I know we are all looking forward to family fun day this coming week!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment