Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fun Day

Yesterday, I forgot my camera, on one amazingly fun day. I was bummed a couple times throughout the day that I couldnt get pictures, but in hindsight, I'm very thankful that I forgot it and just got to enjoy in the time we spent together! Memories that will last a lifetime! Mike needed to drive around Quincy, a town about 45 minutes away from Chester, for work, so Brayden and I tagged along to make a fun day of it! We ended up finding this amazing park that Brayden will love for years to come. In fact, its a big park, as in, for a little bit older of kids than Brayden's age but that didnt stop our fearless and fiercely independent (at times) little boy from heaving and hoing and climbing his way up to the top of some gigantic slides. Mike and I went down with him seperately first a few times before we let him go down "by himself" with me at the top and Mike at the bottom to catch him, because honestly, these were big slides. He got into a groove for a little while where all he wanted to do was climb up the structure, by himself with one of us following close behind, go down a slide, swing for a minute, and repeat. He was all smiles and laughter and mischeviousness. Right next to the park was a community pool. I was SO excited, to say the least, to find a pool so "close by". I had no idea we had community pools even within 2 hours of us so I was super excited to see that it was a great pool with a really neat kiddie pool that we plan on frequenting this summer. It was just a gorgeous park and we definetely plan on hosting some of Brayden's upcoming parties (not this year) there in the future!
Then we moved on to a little family picnic on the grass at that park. It was the first time we'd done this as a family, and we all just loved it. Brayden was grinning ear to ear, to the point that strawberry juice was running down his face because he just thought it was so cool that Mommy and Daddy were sitting on the ground with him eating. And, might I add that it was a completely gourmet lunch picnic of juice, PB&Js, goldfish, pretzels, and fresh strawberrys ;)! After that we started heading back towards home with the intentions of stopping at Indian Valley Falls for a short hike. We are so glad we stopped because this place is totally majestic. It's like something out of a tracel brochure! It's a 600 foot hike pretty steep, down to the falls, where there is this amazing part of the river that almost turns into a pond, perfect for swimming! The waterfall is small but so beautiful and we hope to go there again this summer more prepared to stay awhile and swim. We are definetely looking forward to getting pictures of it :)!
I wanted to type this up, because one day I do plan on printing this blog and I just want to remember how fun that day was :)

1 comments:

ElissaM said...

I love reading your posts~ Looks like you guys have had some fun and much needed family time, and you are right, we all need to purpose to have those fun family times with no distractions. So glad you guys have started that early so that is something that Brayden will rememebr forever! Take pics next time so we can share in the fun!