Monday, June 21, 2010

Anyone

can be a Father, it takes someone special to be a Dad. I should have written this post yesterday, but I enjoyed every second we could spend with Mike before another work week began; he doesn't even read this blog anyways. However, even if he doesnt read our blog, his awesome parenting definitely deserves a shout out!
From the moment he found out that we were unexpectedly pregnant and shouted "I'm going to be a Daddy" loud enough for everyone stationed on the USS Ronald Reagan to hear, Mike has fallen in love with a little boy who has captured his heart and makes him so proud. This weekend, as we were driving around in Quincy, Mike looked at me and said, "I have those moments, where I just look at Brayden and get so proud and emotional just thinking he is my son, and he's such a great son, and thinking about all that he will be and all that he will do." There was more to that effect, but I just love his heart for his son and the love and pride that he feels for him. Something that is so wonderful to me is Mike's heart to raise Brayden up in the Lord. He constantly stresses and talks about how important it is for Brayden to see us pray, pray with us, do devotionals with us as we get older, and be raised knowing that His parents love God and want to live their lives serving Him. We aren't raising Brayden for our own desires, for the world's desires, but for God's purpose and I love that Brayden has a Daddy who is so in-tune and focused on that!
And I am so thankful that Brayden has a Daddy who works so hard for us but who makes time spent together such a high priority despite busy times. Since Mike has started working, at least 3 days a week he goes with less than 5 (often less than 4) hours of sleep at night so that he can get up with Brayden in the morning when I go to work. It's been taxing on him physically, but Mike wants to spend that time with Brayden rather than having him be gone at daycare all day. Mike busts his bottom on his day off to get the house clean and anything else done that he can, so that when we have days off together, they can be spent as a family.
We're just so thankful to have a husband and a Daddy who is all this and so much more. We love you Mike!

0 comments: