Saturday, July 11, 2009

One week and one day

left until my little guy turns one! I will spare you all the emotional gush I could post about it but the last couple of years have been the best of Mike and I's lives, and as we look back at our pregnancy with Brayden, the birth of Brayden, and the first year of Bray's life, we can't do anything but praise God for giving Brayden to us and having His hand on him this entire time! More to come later about how fast the year has come, but I just got on for a quick update!

This past week, Mike started his Police Academy at Butte College in Oroville, CA. It's been a busy, hard, and tiring week and he is deservingly sleeping in this morning! He has been getting up at 4:30 in the morning, returning home anywhere between 6 and 7 at night, only to eat dinner, study and do his homework, shower and go to bed. This is pretty much what the next 6 months is going to look like for him! There is a TON of studying, and VERY strict instructors and I know Mike will do great! There are 50 students in his class. They told the students on the first day that a lietenant would be assigned, and either 6 or 8 squad leaders. These students would be given a lot more responsibility and homework during their time of leadership. I was so proud to hear that Mike was picked to be one of ten people interviewed for the lieutenant position. And even prouder of him for recognizing he needed to take it slow, and dcclined the position because of his commute and family obligations. From what he said, that really impressed his instructor :). Instead, Mike was given one of the squad leader positions. He is in charge of 8 different students, including giving them citations if they dont follow the rules, and also on flag duty, which means he has to get there early evening morning! He is doing a great job so far, and we are SO proud of him and thankful for him doing this for our family! Please continue to keep him in your prayers!

More updates to come later!

0 comments: