Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Brayden's 1 Year Checkup!

So sorry for the lack of posts lately! Mike takes the laptop to the Academy everyday, so I have to use our office computer which limits my computer time! Also, we store all of our pictures on our laptop, so I haven't been able to post any for awhile! I am hoping to this weekend, but with the array of people who will be here, I can't promise anything! Can't believe my Brayden turns one in just a few days!

Brayden had his one year checkup yesterday! He weighed in at 20.5 lbs, head circumference at about 17 inches, and I am going to have to re-do his height, because I think they did it wrong! As we have noticed, Brayden is a behind in a few tasks that we are working on him with including talking, standing/walking, pointing, etc. He is also getting his FIRST TOOTH :)! It has peaked through his gums on the bottom right side and is giving the poor guy lots of grief! Because of it, he has gotten a double ear infection which we are now treating with antibiotics! Hoping he will feel better by his birthday! Other than that, it's just the same ol' daily routine of living in a small town! We're going to the library and post office on our walk this afternoon and can't wait for all the festivities to start later this week!!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Don't worry about Brayden being a little behind (I know, easier said than done). As you already know, kids do things when THEY'RE ready.

Shannon said...

Do NOT worry about pointing, walking, talking....... it will all happen in time.

Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing you soon! Love you!

Hope said...

So since we are actually losing our first tooth in this family...Abigail just turning 5. It makes me wonder...if your teeth come in sooner do you lose them sooner? Abigail had 5 in or coming in by 8 months and Alice had 2 teeth by 8 months.
I agree don't worry on the things that he might be behind on now...I always think it's kind of funny all the little questions that the Dr's ask to see where the kids are at...I personally would like for them to give me a list of all the little things that I need to be looking out for. LOL

Ben and Melissa said...

Hum..is it bad that Hudson weighs the same as Brayden?....Maybe I should stop letting him eat all night long! :) 1 year check up! What a milestone.. almost his birthday too! Since Bray was "early", isn't it ok that he is a bit behind? Maddie was just pulling up at her birthday and also was working on a first tooth! I think she walked at 14 months. Good chance it will all come together for him in these next few months! Good luck with having a very mobile 1 year old in a few weeks :)

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

BIG BOY!!! I agree with shannon it will all happen! NO WORRIES!!! Gregory took a first step a month after he turned ONE and I'll have to look up adam, but he was slow at stuff. Mom said I was like 15 months before i walked! So don't stress over the little things!