Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thankfulness

Mike wasn't answering his phone earlier when I was on break, so I took some time just to write for a moment, and this is what came out:


It's the month of thanksgiving, and rememberance of all that God has given to us. But in the midst of all the wonderful things I have to be thankful for, I need to remind myself to be thankful for the hardships, the trials, the droughts in my life and seasons of questioning. Because in my eyes, its the easiest thing in the world to be thankful for Jesus who has saved me from my sins, to be thankful for the most wonderful man ever that He has blessed me with to spend the rest of my life with, for the job he has provided for me(on the good days), for my family and friends that I hold so dear to my heart, for my dogs, and the fact that I have a roof over my head. But I must also earnestly thank Him for the arguments that He resolves that make Mike and I grow closer, the times when I cant feel God close to me, when I question Him because it causes me to draw nearer, for the times when my faith and my patience are tested to the brink of all that I have, that those fruits, and so many other can continue grow and mature and be blessings to God. I must thank Him for the time money is tight, so that I can be reminded to use it wisely and not store up treasures in this earth, for the times when I am lonely so that I will remember He is my comfort. I need to remind myself this season, and all seasons, that I have SO much to be thankful for in both the good and the bad. Because it's so true that ALL things work together for the good of those who love Him!Thanksgiving be unto God for everything He has blessed me with!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Laura! We all need to be reminded to be thankful for all our blessings and indeed all things we have good bad or otherwise are blessings from God! I think I might cut and paste a little of that and put it up at work! :) If that is okay with you of course!