Monday, November 26, 2007

My Anthem...

I'm having a rough day today....
Mike left this morning for the ship...again. Thankfully he will be home for Christmas but unfortunately we will miss spending the whole season together.
I wore my "I love my Sailor" sweatshirt today to work that Mike got for me for Christmas almost two years ago. The following poem is proudly displayed on the back of it.
It's my anthem....
I am in love with a United States Sailor. I will support him in his defense of the Constitution of the United States of America and I will understand that they must obey the orders of those appointed over them. I represent the true fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me with strength and loyalty around the world. I proudly stand by the one I love with honor, courage, and commitment. I am committed to my Sailor and to the United States Navy.

3 comments:

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

Hey there,
How ya doing? So did you guys already get your tree together? Or are you getting one?

Oregon Grandma said...

HI there sweetie! We love you! so sorry Mike is gone again! Thought about you yesterday... didn't know he went out on the ship this time--thought he was in Nevada. If it helps....ALL our Christmas stuff is down south with David's truck, so even though we're together, it's not gonna look too Christmas-y here...except for snow outside though. ha We love you both though and are praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi sis! Love you lots and you know you can call whenever you want to talk. I'll always call you back :) We can just talk about non Christmas things and pretend it isn't the Christmas season until Mike gets back :D