Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Family Updates!

Hi guys,

Sorry it has been awhile since we have updated this thing, its been a busy week for us. Seems like it was longer ago that I blogged, but I guess it has only been a week.

Things that have been happening lately in our lives:

1. The dogs got out two weekends ago but we were able to get them back and they are all safe and sound.
2. We found a wonderful and awesome Christian family that adopted Bella last week. It is a great story of how God works in ALL things and if you want to know more, I'd be glad to share more in detail.
3. Brutus had to have a THIRD surgery on Monday to prevent any further injuries to his leg. he now has a METAL POLE attached to the outside of his leg which I have to admit, is a VERY scary sight for us (I'll put pictures up later)
4. Our laptop at home broke, we are in the process of fixing it thanks to Uncle Jim and Mike's brother-in-law Ed, but it might be a little while before it's all said and done.
5. We had Dad and Donna over this last weekend for dinner, it was a great time and the first time we have been able to have them over to our house on base!!
6. Dad and Mike worked long and hard on Monday to fix our very messed up and out-dated fence (pictures to come later)!
7. Mike and I went to see the BEE movie and LOVED it! If you aren't able to get to the theatre to see it, we highly suggest renting it!
Last but most definetely not least at all:
8. Mike leaves again on Monday, it's hard putting that as just a number on a list of what is happening in our lives right now, because it is SO much more then that. It's the last thing on the list, but the most important and substantial thing that is going on. I am not ready at all for him to leave again, I never am, and am having a really hard time with this whole season. I am not in the Christmas/Thanksgiving/Holiday mood at all, and its really hard to think about being in it without Mike home to enjoy the whole "season" with me. I am SO VERY thankful he will be home for the actual holidays, but we will miss out on all the festivities together. This time he is gone he will be on the ship, I dread these trips WAY more then the ones when he is in Nevada, we wont be able to talk much at all and it's extremely lonely....so please keep us in prayer this season, for our spirits, for us in general, that the email and phone lines on the ship work, for safety and good health for Mike, and for me, that I can handle everything that goes on here while he is gone, and that the dogs dont give me any extra trouble!

Thanks to you all!

Love and Blessings,

Mike and Laura

1 comments:

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

We will be praying for you Laura! And Mike too!!

Do you think the boys will like the BEE MOVIE? We were thinking of taking them. Brian took me to see Enchanted and we both really liked it :)