Really quick update for you guys while I am on my lunch break. I dropped Brutus off at the vet this morning for his second post-op appointment to make sure everything is healing correctly. Obviously it's not, or this would be a happy post. They put me on the phone with the surgeon who let me know Brutus has been a very naughty boy while we are gone during the day. He managed to bend the metal plate they put in his leg, and I believe re-break the bone in a different spot. I am not 100% sure on all of this, I started crying as soon as the doctor told me what was up. Brutus is going to have to have another emergency surgery next week that is going to be MUCH more invasive and extensive this time around since his plate and screws have to be removed, the bone has to be repai
red, and then fixed all over again. This is going to be a very expensive surgery and thankfully our wonderful vet and his staff are going to help us financially as much as they can. It is also going to be a very much more strict and lengthy recovery process to make sure all heals correctly this time.
I will know more information when I pick him up today, and even more next week when the surgeon returns from a trip he is leaving on today. I am very emotional about all of this as Mike, my dad, and my coworkers can attest too, and I feel like a horrible doggie mommy. I know it is not our fault, the vet even said that, but we could have done more to make sure he was resting. Please keep us in your prayers!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Sad Day in Our House
Posted by The Kincaid Family at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear all that. I'll be praying for you guys as you are going through all this stuff with your dog. Nice that you have a good vet to work with though, who will work with you finacially!
awww Laura Bora I am so sorry to hear this not only for you guys but for poor Brutis! He is not going to like that one bit and obviously neither are you. That sucks...that is the phrase Joey and I keep saying over and over again:( I so sowee friend!! I will try to call you tomorrow for sure kay!
Post a Comment